No Fucking Way

Lyrik.

"Syd, Aneeqa, could you please run to the grocery store and get some things for me? I have a list of things we're running out on." Mrs Marley said from the kitchen to Sydney and Aneeqa who were seated with Kyan and I in the living room playing Scrabble.

"Okay, no problem".

"Sure" Sydney and Aneeqa said respectively and in unison as they got up from the couch.

Aneeqa went into the kitchen and came out with the list of groceries they needed to get in her hands.

"Uhm, Tevette would like to go too" Kyan suddenly piped up causing me to look at him, puzzled.

"What?!!" I questioned.

"You would like to go alongside Sydney and Aneeqa to the grocery store".

"No, I won't"

"Yes you would". He said, getting up.

"No, I won't" I argued back, getting up too.

"Yes, you would".

"No, I won't. What the fuck is wrong with you? I think I would know if I wanted to go to the grocery store or not, Kyan, it's pretty much my choice".

He smirked at me. "Not this time kiddo, you kids need to run along and let the adults talk".

My jaw instantly dropped as I stared at him, insulted by the reference he made to me being a kid.

I could hear Sydney and Aneeqa giggling beside me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Piece of shit, I am not a kid!!" I yelled but my words clearly fell on deaf ears as he began pushing the three of us out the door.

I struggled but he still managed to get me out and locked the door behind.

I know him too well and I know he's trying to make me spend time with Doce until I eventually tell her.

I know I said I was going to tell her today but his interference is seriously not needed.

I groaned mentally; Fucking Kyan!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I swear, I didn't realize it was this long when I took it." Doce confessed, as we stood in front of the grocery store staring at the long list of things Mrs Marley had written down.

"We are so gonna shop forever". Sydney complained, looking at the list from over Doce's shoulders.

"Maybe there's a way we could do it that's faster" I said, making them turn their attentions to me. "We could split it".

Doce nodded, "you're right".

"And to make it a bit fun, we could have a little competition" Sydney said with a suggestive smile.

Doce had already split the paper in three and handed each of us a piece. "I'm listening".

"So, the first to get all the items on the list wins. We meet back at the payment area" Sydney said.

"Sounds good", I shrugged and Doce nodded.

"Great, so, last one there's a rotten tuna sandwich" Sydney said before running off towards a nearby aisle.

And like that we split up.

My list had mostly baking ingredients so that's the aisle I headed for first.

There were ten items on my list altogether.

Butter
Flour
Eggs
Nutmeg
Sugar
Chocolate chips
Baking powder
Milk
Granola
Flavouring extracts.