Ever

Aneeqa.

"¶And in that hole,
¶there was a tree,
¶the prettiest tree,
¶that has ever been seen,
¶with the hole in the ground and the tree in the hole,
¶and the green grass grows—"

"Would you two shut the fuck up?" Lyrik said in a low tone, cutting Kyan and I off our song.

Kyan scoffed.

"Sadist." kyan said, making Lyrik shoot him a glare from the rear view mirror that made me laugh.

We were still on the road to wherever we were going. I was trying to lighten everyone's mood so when I started singing, Kyan joined in, but then Lyrik just had to be Lyrik.

I was at the passengers seat, Lyrik was driving and Kyan was at the back with Cruella and Villain.

Soon we arrived at the area. It was an empty road with dark buildings on either side of the street and the full moon's light Illuminating the street.

"Okay. We're here because of fucking Alexander... again." Lyrik clarified, bringing the car to a halt.

"Can this guy just die already?" Kyan said and Lyrik agreed.

It had me thinking what exactly initiated their war with Alexander.

They both got out of the car and just as I was about to do the same, Lyrik appeared on my side and shut the door back.

I gave him a puzzled look and he sighed.

"Doce, You're not coming." He said, seriously.

"Uhm..are you crazy?" That was the only question I could think of at this point.

Jaxon literally said I could go with them.

"You and I both know you're not ready for this." he said, resting his hands, close to mine on the windowsill, causing his rings and fingerless gloves to brush my skin.

"Yes I am." I argued.

"No you're not. Your training is not even complete, And if you come, you're going end up dead." He said, pessimistically.

I was sick of hearing this from him.

"Why can't you just trust me for once?" I found my voice rising with annoyance. "Why won't you just believe in me?"

He stared back at me for an entire minute, before licking his lips nervously. "I'm.......... sorry. I just can't put your life at risk." He managed to force out and I knew it was because of his inability to consider people's feelings.

And if you ask me, that's....weird.

I rolled my eyes at that and rested back on the seat.

I was quiet and he was too.

"Stay here and don't move." he suddenly stated and I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

He rolled his eyes. "Please?" He added, reluctantly.

I turned away from him still not wanting to be left here.

From the windscreen, I saw Kyan waiting in front, while using his phone.

"Doce."

"Fine, whatever." I said, playing with my gloves.

"Swear?"

"Yeah. Now get out before I change my mind and argue until you agree."

I heard him chuckle at that.

And that, for some reason, brought a small smile to my face.