Monsieur

Lyrik.

I glanced at the back seat and noticed that Doce had slept off with her head resting on the windowsill. She looked idyllic as she slept, with her hair sprawled on her cheeks and her breathing, even.

I exhaled loudly. I wanted to do the same but everytime I closed my eyes for up to a minute, memories started racing in and out of my brain, so I just gave up.

The ride to New Brunswick is meant to be four hours, thirty minutes. It's currently past nine. We had arrived in New Brunswick a few minutes ago but we were still tracking Alexander.

On the other hand, I felt kyan glancing at me one too many times.

"What?" I finally asked him.

"Tevette, have you been taking your pills?"

I didn't answer to that.

"Tevette?" His voice rang out.

"Yes. Yes I have." I said rapidly.

"Are you sure?"

Once again, I didn't answer and he sighed.

Don't bother about him, he's used to me being impudent most of the time.

He drove in silence for a while and I preferred it that way.

Until he spoke again...

"You have to tell her, though."

"You've said that before." I said in a weary voice, too tired to start an argument.

"Yeah." He chuckled. "I know. But this time I really mean it. And, not only do you have to tell her that you like her, but you also have to let her know.." he paused and exhaled. "..the other half of your life."

I turned my head and looked at him.

He glanced at me.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. She's probably dieing to know already." He said flatly.

Yes. I knew what he was talking about. He was talking about the horrific hell I'm carrying on my shoulders as the sickening half of my life.

And I actually want to tell her because I know I can wholely trust her but I don't know if she can do the same. Besides, sooner or later, she's going to ask about something related to my life again and I don't want to have to keep it away from her forever by switching the topics or letting out half truths.

Although, the guilt is still there, haunting me all the time. Letting someone other than Kyan and Jaxon into the light, seems like the greater challenge.

"Maybe, when the time is right." I shrugged, not making eye contact with him.

I could feel his eyes on me. "Well, you better hurry up."

I rolled my eyes at that.

My eyes suddenly stopped and locked on Kyan's phone screen.

He had stopped moving. As in, Alexander had stopped moving, according to the GPS tracker.

The tracker made it clear that his Vehicle had come to an abrupt halt.

"I wonder why he stopped." Kyan muttered to himself, not taking his foot off the acceleration, trying to get closer to Alexander before he tried anything funny.

"Uhm...I think we should think of something first, you know, before getting into his view." I said but it was already kinda late because now Alexander's vehicle was in full view in front of us as Kyan hit the brakes, keeping a safe distance between the two vehicles.