Chapter 7: A Sign of Chaos

Chaos roared and slashed a watery tentacle down at Tails. The fox jumped out of the way, being bathed by the sprinkles of water that fell off the monster. He had expected to fight Chaos, but not Perfect Chaos.

He never knew where the Chaos Emeralds were, nor that they were in Eggman's possession. Guess that was one more thing he would have to ask the Resistance.

At first, both Tails and Classic were fighting one single entity, now they were fighting five. The sewer system worked greatly in Chaos' favor. There were a total of five areas where water could come out. Stepping in one of the corners was a big no and the middle was even more dangerous. The main part of Chaos was there.

Tails and Classic had been trying to avoid the watery creature for so long that they were starting to tire. Sweat poured down Tails' face and although Classic seemed fine, he was heavily nursing his left leg at the moment. Tails had just decided to keep his distance and was still nearly getting clipped; Classic's sluggish movement had gotten worse, especially when it came to stopping and starting.

Tails studied Chaos while he wasn't getting whacked by water. There had to be some way to cut off the water. Some way to take out four of the five opponents, but how? Then, it hit him.

"Sonic!" Tails shouted. Classic did a limbo underneath one of Chaos' arms before looking at Tails. "I think I have an idea." Classic cocked his head but motioned for him to continue. "If we can cut off the water supply to the city, Chaos won't have anything to draw from."

Classic thought about the idea for a bit. It was quite simple. In fact he remembered seeing some sort of valve while he was hitting those bee bots.

The young Sonic motioned to Tails, telling the fox that he would go find the valve. He did this by pointing behind himself and making a turning motion before pointing to Chaos and pushing down.

Tails jumped over a watery tentacle and nodded. "Perfect, now I just have to come up with something to soak the excess water up."

Chaos had tried to take both of them by tripping them. It hadn't worked so far. The watery monster watched as Classic sped off his way toward the valve. Just a little bit closer. Classic stepped on the corner of the square. Chaos jumped at his chance. He grabbed Classic's legs and held him off the ground. The hedgehog's blue quills dangled down as Classic crossed his arms in frustration.

Tails went to tinkering with the crushed robots. "Hang on Sonic! I've almost got it!"

Classic tapped his chin as he waited. This boredom turned to terror as the watery tentacle holding him slowly moved down his body, defying gravity. Classic waved his arms to tell Tails to hurry up.

"Got it!" Tails ran over toward Classic with three small balls in his hands. He threw them directly at Chaos. The balls exploded, sending white smoke into the air. Chaos dropped Classic as he tried to move away from the absorbent polymer.

Classic just barely landed on his feet before dropping to the ground. He clutched his leg. It must have gotten sprained in the fall. Tails went to help him out when he was grabbed by Chaos. The watery monster roared again. It seemed as though he didn't like the trick the fox had pulled.

Classic looked up. Tails tried to throw the Dummy Ring orbs at Chaos again but the creature was smart. He blocked the balls with one of his watery tentacles.

"Sonic! Go shut off the valve!" Tails shouted. "I'll find a way out of this!" The fox fumbled to get his hand free.

Classic gave a thumbs up and tried to stand. His leg was still in pain. Despite this, the hedgehog ran toward the valve, careful not to step near Chaos again.