* On the Battlefield

Hello everyone! Happy early Valentine's Day! Here's a ship story canon to Forces Revision. It's a bit shorter than most of my others and comes in during the first chapter 2 scene with Silver and Knuckles. Hope you enjoy it!

———————————————————

The clomp of boots smacked against the cobblestone ground as Blossom breathed heavily. In only a few minutes, the city had turned into ash and rubble. Many of the residents were able to get out. Others...well...she didn't want to know what happened to them.

Peering behind her, Blossom tried to see if she was being followed by any of the treacherous robots. She had been helping out any survivors she could. Although she may be out on the field, she rather not fight. It wasn't like she had any weapons on her fir defense anyways.

As she looked back, her foot got caught on a loose part of the path. The pink cat tumbled to the ground, just barely catching herself with her hands as the hot pink tip of her tail swooshed into her face. Blossom attempted to blow it off her, to no avail.

She was about to get up when her ears perked. It sounded like...something was being charged up. Gulping, she turned onto her back. A gasp escaped her lips. One of the robots had found her.

It was a small circular bot with glowing red eyes and a little cap on its head. Although it's arms were noodle-like, there was a dangerous mechanism on the end of both. A blaster that shot out a bolt of electricity.

As the robot aimed to fire, Blossom put her hands up toward her face. If she was going to meet her end like this, she didn't want to see it coming. Right before the robot shot though, it fritzed up and collapsed. The pink cat shrieked as she rolled off to the side to prevent becoming a pancake. With a thump, and small plume of dust, the robot fell next to her.

After a few seconds, when the robot was clearly down for the count, a figure popped out from behind one of the buildings and rushed over toward the pink cat.

The person in question was a yellow fox holding a device that almost seemed to have a satellite on the top of it. His two tails dangled below him as he outstretched a hand for the pink cat to take.

Blossom looked up at him with newfound intrigue as she reluctantly reached her hand out to grab his. She felt like she should know him but she'd never met anyone with twin tails before. Wait. That was because... "Y-You're Tails!" She suddenly exclaimed. He was always on the news with his best friend Sonic, fighting off against that Eggman. Speaking of, where was Sonic anyway?

The fox pulled her up and rubbed the side of his head, slightly embarrassed. He was surprised to see someone so young out on their own. The cat seemed to be around his age. Sure he was young, but at least he had some experience. "Yeah, I am." He responded to her meekly. He placed the device he had resting on his shoulder onto a small hook he had on his belt. After that, a sudden thought came to his mind. "Oh! I should have asked earlier. Are you okay? Are you hurt? That was a close call."

Blossom looked down at the robot, her eyes suddenly sullen. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"That's good. Then let's-"

Metallic footsteps creeped ever closer as the sound of gears came to their ears. Both slowly turned their heads down the path. Without hesitation, Tails grabbed Blossom's hand and began to run in the opposite direction of the robots. Blossom looked up at him and gave a little yelp as she was yanked from her stationary place. It took a little while for her to find her footing, but once she did, she turned to look back behind them.

"Hey, where are we going?" Blossom asked after they had been running through the city for a while. There was no sign of any robots so she couldn't quite understand why they kept moving.