Chapter 2

Once you disappeared from their sight, you headed straight for your own home, intent on looking over the clues you had already gathered to find more information out on the jujutsu society. You were hesitant on joining the society mainly from what you had already uncovered. You knew the higher-ups within the jujutsu school that the white haired male was trying to recruit you to were shady bastards you didn't want to get involved with. You had heard a rumour that they tried to dispose of someone with a curse within him.

You may not have had a curse within you but according to the school itself, you were an asset. You knew you were one because of your knowledge. You may have the abilities of a powerful sorcerer, but you weren't willing to spread your wings and move beyond your own hometown.

Content on what you had done today, you chose to go to bed but not before summoning a Shikigami of yours intent on sensing the presence of those with cursed abilities. Once summoned, you set yourself into slumber, intent on doing more research in the morning once the sun had risen.

As the hours went on, you were awoken by the sound of your Shikigami barking.

"Aki. What's wrong?" You say as you climb out of the warmth of your bed.

The Shikigami still persistently started barking before heading down the oak steps and sitting in front of your door. The person on the other side could hear the Shikigami barking, yet didn't know it wasn't a dog.

(It's a wolf, similar to Megumi's)

"Coming!" You called out, descending the oak steps and up to the front door.

Once you opened it, you saw the ravenette stood there.

"I believe we met yesterday, am I correct?" You ask.

"Yes, you are correct." He replied.

You sighed before asking yet another question.

"Dare I ask what brings you here?" You say.

"My Sensei is adamant on getting you to join Jujutsu Tech." The ravenette answered.

"And why should I? If what I perceive I have found out is correct, I have no intention on joining such a school." You reply.

"I can understand where you come from. But at least give us a chance and hear us out." The ravenette offered.

"I have no interest in the jujutsu society. Nor do I have a reason to be. I don't have cursed energy so what benefit would I be?" You pose.

"Then at least accompany me on a mission to see what we as jujutsu sorcerers do." The ravenette offered.

"Accompany you on a mission? And what would I gain from this?" You ask.

"Information on the jujutsu society." He replies.

"I'll think on it." You reply.

"Okay." He replies before taking his leave.

"What was with him?" You thought aloud.

Mulling over the ravenette's proposal after he left, you were interrupted by your phone ringing. Displaying an unknown number.

"Hello?" You ask, slightly annoyed.

"Ah, you answered." The voice replied.

"Great, it's you." You sigh in annoyance.

"So you remember me then?" The voice replied.

"Of course I do? How could I forget? You want me to be a student at your school." You reply.

"And for all the right reasons." The white haired male replied.

"And those reasons are?" You question.

"You have talent. One you can hone." The white haired male replies.

"And how would you know that I have talent?" You ask.

"The fact you took down a quite powerful curse before me or my student could comprehend that you had." The white haired male replies.

"I wasn't aware that you had seen that. If it'll satisfy you, then I will accompany your student on his mission." You come to a decision.

"Yes. I'd very much like that. That way, you can come to understand what us as sorcerers do." He replied.

"Doesn't mean I will willingly join the school." You reply.

"I know. This was only meant to open your eyes." He said before hanging up.

"What an odd guy." You thought aloud.

Placing down your phone, you decided to just accompany his student on a mission to get a better feel for the way sorcerers handle things. Getting changed, you headed out your door with Aki, your Shikigami in tow. Heading for the train station the white haired male's pupil said to meet at.

After a while of walking, you finally reached the train station, looking around for the ravenette.

"I'm not late, am I?" You ask once you found him.

"No. You're not." He replied.

"So what's this mission your Sensei wants me to go on?" You ask.

"We need to make sure a cursed object at the school is still intact. And still where it should be." He replied.

"If I'm correct, something of such a calibre that is protected by a seal will attract curses over time." You say.

"Correct. If you already know all of this, why do you refuse to be a sorcerer?" The ravenette asks.

"I don't see the point in indulging something like this. Your higher-ups are stingy assholes. Your teacher is annoying. And I gain no benefit from taking part." You reply.

"But you would gain a benefit. You would get stronger and gain more knowledge." The ravenette countered.

"How do you become stronger than the strongest person on the planet?" You pose.

"I don't follow." The ravenette says.

"How does one become stronger when they are already strong?" You pose again.

"In what way?" The ravenette asks.

"You saw what happened the other day. No normal human would have speed like that." You reply.

"Alright, then you can hone what you already know. And share your knowledge." The ravenette said.

"I can see how hard you're trying to get me to join jujutsu tech but trust me when I say that'll never happen. I will never go to jujutsu tech. Never in a million years." You reply.

"Why is she so insistent on not joining jujutsu tech? what's stopping her?" The ravenette thought to himself.

Without further thought, the ravenette continued the walk further into the train station to take you to your destination. Sendai.