Chapter 8

Your POV:
I was so stupid. Thinking I could fool myself. It wasn't until I started telling Fushiguro about Shinjuku that I realised. The real reason I taught myself jujutsu was to protect myself, but it carried a deeper meaning. I knew very little about my family lineage, only what my second family told me. My mother had a sister who was not involved in the jujutsu world so I was sent to live with her.

Except it was anything but perfect. Yeah, I remember it now. As clear as day. All those years ago after Shinjuku when I found out just exactly who my aunt was. She wasn't perfect, no, they were both criminals. And I had to live with that. The reason I dropped out of school wasn't just because I wanted to focus more on my studies. It was because the kids at my school bullied me non-stop when they found out who my aunt was.

A murderer. That's what they both were. My uncle and my aunt. Neither treated anyone as proper humans. We were just scum to them. There were quite a few people who hated me. Not just because of that, but because of my affinity to jujutsu. Because I knew what it was at such a young age. I even had people try to kill me because of both my jujutsu and my family relations.

Sighing after realising I had dwelled on a past I wished I could forget, I carefully got up from my bed. Hoping to find Sensei. I had hoped he had returned from his mission with Fushiguro and Itadori so I went looking for him. I walked most of the campus before reaching the front gate and seeing Ijichi-san's car pull in. I watched as Fushiguro, Itadori, Sensei and a girl I didn't recognise get out of the car.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" Sensei remarked.

"I came to talk to you about something." I reply.

My three, I assume comrades, headed inside. Leaving me outside with Sensei.

"So? What did you need to talk about?" Sensei asks.

"The truth." I reply.

"The truth?" He repeats.

"Yes. The truth behind what happened all those years ago. Why everyone feels the need to use me as a puppet or want me dead." I explain.

"Are you sure you want to know?" Sensei asks.

"Why else would I be asking?" I reply.

"It's not a pretty story." Sensei replied.

"I don't care." I say.

The conversation then got brought inside. In one of the classrooms on campus. Sensei sat at the desk at the front while I occupied one of the desks in the front centre of the room.

"A couple years ago, after the Shinjuku incident, we got a report of a child who was directly linked to an extremely powerful line of jujutsu sorcerers. Naturally, everyone wanted you. the Kyoto principal wanted to use you as a puppet but he also wanted to eliminate you at the same time. Saying something about you being a threat to jujutsu society because of how strong you could be." Sensei paused.

"How strong I could be? So he wanted me dead without even knowing a single thing about me? How stupid." I scoffed.

"Well, we wanted something different. Minus the higher-ups. You were considered a special case since you had such an affinity to jujutsu. You proved that the other day when you took down a curse before my eyes without me even realising until after. Anyway, when we did eventually try to find you, your other family got in the way. Tried to keep you hidden, saying something about never letting you follow in your mother's footsteps. We kept on trying before an incident broke out in your own hometown." Sensei continued.

"Yeah, I remember that incident. It took my aunt and uncle and some of the village. After that, I started focusing on learning jujutsu a lot more. I moved out and managed to find a cheap place to rent where I could focus on learning jujutsu and protect my village since I couldn't even stop my family from..." I paused.