Chapter 7

I'd like to point out now that I will be mentioning Jujutsu Kaisen Volume 0 in a few chapters but only minor references. There are a few references to it in this chapter as well.

"Look, all I need is some rest. And I'll be fine." You explain.

"Coughing up blood isn't fine. Look, I'll call Sensei. You just stay there." Megumi reasoned.

"Fine, fine." You sigh.

Megumi's POV:
I stepped out of her dorm room and called Sensei. It was obvious she'd overdone it but I couldn't quite work out why she didn't want to go see Ieiri-san at all. Am I missing something?

"Megumi? What's this? You never call." Sensei teased.

"It's about Y/N." I reply.

"What about her?" Sensei asked.

"Well, she's awake now. But she's being stubborn." I replied.

"Oh? Stubborn in what way?" Sensei asked.

"She doesn't want to go see Ieiri-san." I reply.

"Oh? She must have her own reasons for that then. Don't worry about it for now, I'll sort everything out." Sensei replied before hanging up on me.

He just ended the call without uttering anything? Sighing, I headed back inside her dorm room to see her asleep on the sofa. Whatever happened on her mission, or in her past that's stopping her... must really be affecting her right now.

When I closed the door, she moved slightly on the sofa before sitting up.

"Oh, sorry. Did I wake you?" I asked.

"No. Just... it's hard to get comfortable right now." She replied.

"May I ask why you don't want to go to the medical office?" I asked.

She sighed before replying. "All that takes place there is death. Sorcerers, humans. It doesn't matter. Medical institutes are where people pass on. Where those negative emotions manifest as curses. Ha, that's probably why my family lineage is such a cursed one. Wielding abilities powerful enough to wipe Tokyo off the map. Even carrying curses powerful enough to weigh a person down. Tell me, Fushiguro. Ever had a happy experience at a hospital? Apart from the birth of a family member, I mean." She replies.

"Well, no." I reply.

"My point exactly. Medical institutes are filled with dread. Anxiously waiting to know how bad something is. I don't need confirmation of that. I know how bad it is. I've lived long enough, fought curses long enough, got injured long enough, that I'm just used to this by now. Besides, don't jujutsu sorcerers live their life on the edge of death anyway?" She said.

"Y/N, I-" I said before she cut me off.

"I don't need the sympathy or pity. You wanna know why I hate hospitals? No, despise them? Shinjuku. It wasn't that recent, so I doubt you'd know of it. I lost most of my family in that stupid incident." She said.

"Shinjuku? What happened in Shinjuku?" I ask.

"You don't know? I guess your Sensei never told you. A thousand or so curses were released in Shinjuku and apparently, some part of Kyoto. Since I come from a lineage of jujutsu sorcerers, my family were in Shinjuku fighting on that day. I lost..." She paused, counting on her fingers. "Probably a quarter of my family." She replied.

"Wait a minute, so you've known Sensei longer?" I ask.

"That's all you took from that? Yes, I did. My parents died in that incident. Your Sensei tried to take me in. And bring me to Jujutsu Tech. But I refused. Said I'd stay in Taihaku-ku. And continue to live as I did before. Choosing to be blissfully unaware of the jujutsu society and Jujutsu Tech as a whole." She replied.