Chapter 11

After that, you had headed back to Jujutsu Tech. You'd been quiet since the end of your mission. Even though you had warned him of the consequences, exactly what you had said ended up happening. Him dying at the hands of Sukuna. All because the higher-ups seem to hate you and him for whatever reason they wish to hate a person.

Once your injuries had been tended to, you were sat on a staircase, some distance between the three of you. Kugisaki was sat near the handrail, Fushiguro a step above in the middle of the staircase and you further back.

"He told us to "live long"... But all your problems vanish when you die." Kugisaki said.

"Is this the first time one of your comrades has died? It's my first time, for a classmate." Fushiguro asked.

"It's sadly my second for a comrade... third for a classmate." You say, voice barely above a whisper.

"Hmph, you seem oddly fine." Kugisaki commented.

"You too." Fushiguro replied.

"Well, I only knew him for about two weeks. I'm not such a soft woman that I would cry over the death of someone like him." Kugisaki said and you could see her lip quivering.

"It's so hot." You eventually comment.

"Yeah. I wonder when we'll get our summer clothes." Kugisaki replied to you.

"What the hell? You're more depressing than ever. Megumi. Y/N. Is this a wake?" Maki said.

"Zen'in-Senpai." Fushiguro said.

"Don't call me by my family na-" Maki went to say but was cut off.

"Maki. Maki! He really did die. Yesterday! A boy in first year!" Someone said.

"Katsuobushi flakes!" Someone added.

"Say it earlier! I'll seem like a cold, heartless devil!" Maki yelled.

"Actually, that's exactly what you are, you know?!" The other voice argued back.

"Tuna mayo." The third added.

"Those people (?)... Who are they?" Kugisaki asked, pointing at the group in front of them.

"They're our second year senpais. Zen'in-Senpai. She's the best at handling charms, out of us students. A specialist in spells. Inumaki-Senpai. His only vocabulary is onigiri ingredients. That's Panda-Senpai. There's one more; Okkotsu-Senpai. He's the only one I can openly respect, but he's overseas right now." Fushiguro explained.

"Are you seriously gonna leave the panda's introduction at "Panda"?" Kugisaki deadpanned.

"Oh, sorry guys. You're still in mourning. But I want you to attend the Kyoto Sister School Exchange." Panda said.

"This seems like a bad idea. I'm pretty sure the Kyoto principal wants me dead..." You thought to yourself.

"Kyoto Sister School Exchange?" Kugisaki repeated.

"It's a joint program with the other magic technical college in Kyoto. But the event is mainly for second and third year students, right?" Fushiguro replied to Kugisaki and asked Maki at the same time.

"Those third-year half-wits are suspended from school. We don't have enough people, so you guys gotta go." Maki explained.

"What do you do during the program? Super Smash Bros?" Kugisaki asked.

"Tokyo school and Kyoto school... The match types proposed by each school principal will be given one day each. The event is carried out over two days. Well, that's the official consensus. Every year, the first day is a team match and the second one is an individual match." Panda explains.