Chapter 2

When Saturday came Katsuki was nervous as he packed his backpack with snacks and lunches he made the previous night before and heated up a while ago. He could only see negatives in this but he was determined to prove to Izuku that he had changed. Last night he could only conjure the times of middle school and childhood. The bullying he subjected Izuku was unforgivable, he knew that but he wasn't looking for forgiveness, he was an asshole. He needed acceptance and possibly a bond with Izuku he couldn't see himself going forward without at least a positive connection to his childhood friend, the one who believed in him instead of the fickle-minded friends who only praised him out of fear. 

As he finished packing he got dressed for the occasion. He donned himself in a plain white shirt along with black jeans and a baseball cap attached to his jeans by a sliver chain along with orange hightops. He sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror. "It's going to be fine Katsuki, it's going to be fine," He grabbed his bag and headed down. 

"Where are you heading Bakubro?" Denki asked from the sofa as Mina was putting on a movie. 

"I have to meet with someone, probably won't be back until sundown," Bakugo responded as he hurried to the elevator. He got on and headed down only to come face to face with Todoroki and Tenya. 

"Heading out so soon?" Tenya asked as Bakugo stepped past him to head out the gate. 

"Yeah got a meeting to go to," Katsuki called and got out the school gate. 

**********

Izuku laid in his bed looking at the clock on his phone. It was an hour after the specified time Bakugo said to meet him. He honestly wondered if the blonde's patience had changed. 'Well I'm testing it now,' He thought with a cruel smirk. He got up from bed and decided that he would take a long shower and slowly pick his clothes out. In the bath, he reminisced on the days of middle school and how 'fun' it was. It brought back memories of his mother and he couldn't stop the flare of hatred he felt for the blonde. 

It was like someone made him eat fireworks and was now shoving a lighter down his throat. He was going to explode, but while it was Bakugo's doing that caused him to have a fall out with his mother, she didn't do her job and respect her son's wishes. Even if the wish seemed like a pathetic attempt to save whatever he thought was left of their friendship. He wasn't that person anymore however and even if Bakugo had changed it was going to take a lot for even Izuku to even consider continuing to meet like this. 

He sighed as he felt himself lose interest in a long soak, he got out and headed out to dress up and head out. He made sure to make a tall cup of coffee before grabbing his keys and headed out to the source of his childhood trauma. When he was halfway to the park he came across some losers from the U.A that were present when his school needed help. He made a note about their appearance and headed on. When he had gotten to the park it was like he fell into a trance. 

This was the place their mothers had met, where the friendship started. It was also the place Katsuki started bullying him. This was the start of a very slippery, dangerous slope that was still in all right making them slip. He narrowed his eyes as he approached the secret entrance to the river and stumbled upon Katsuki who was curled up asleep. 'So you weren't bullshitting me. What a shock,' Izuku thought as he came to stand over the blonde. 

"You know it's common courtesy to always be alert for your guest. This is like your spitting on my premature grave," Izuku muttered as Katsuki slowly woke up as he continued talking. "I should dump this coffee and walk away. I'm tired Bakugo and I don't have time for shit."

"Izuku!" Bakugo flew up looking ready and alert. He looked down a bit solemnly. "I didn't think you'd come,"

"I normally wouldn't but seeing as you fucked my life I want to stay and see what else you can possibly fuck up," Izuku snapped back with a glare. "I can't walk in peace without somebody staring at my arm. My mother kicked me out when you hacked it up in your rage and I refused to press charges. Had to go crawling to the 'ghost' daddy for money and support. And you know what I get for keeping my mouth shut, for not damaging your reputation before it started?!"

Bakugo flinched under the harsh tone as Izuku grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him so they were face to face. He was honestly afraid which in hindsight was stupid because Izuku didn't have a quirk, to begin with, but those eyes told him that even without a quirk he would find a way to mutilate Katsuki. 

"I got threats, how mommy dearest would sweep my lying ass under the rug," Izuku chuckled coldly as he pushed Katsuki back hard enough that he fell horribly on his ass. 

"At that point, I knew it didn't matter to you anymore. That what we had for years was nothing but a punching bag willing to follow you around. I snapped and then to add salt to it all you told me to 'take a swan dive off the roof'. Your cronies were enabling it and at that point, I did jump off the fucking roof but what happened? I fucking survived!"

"I-I didn't know-" He got cut off when Izuku's foot landed between his legs and a low growl came from above him. 

"Of course you didn't, it was the last day of middle school and they kept it under lock and key to the point I went to the hospital in our homeroom teacher's fucking car. I honestly want nothing to do with you and your 'I feel so guilty let me pity you.' I'm not that person who'd be willing to let you stick around to mend whatever you think is still here. As far as I know, you were once a friend who turned into a monster and now you're wearing sheep's clothing around your new buddies."

"Izuku I'm not that person anymore and I'm sorry for what I've done! I want to have you back in my life because you were the only person who gives a damn about me. I should've appreciated you but I didn't. I should've respected you but I didn't but god damn I wanna make amends and not because I want to put up a face to my friends. I miss you Izuku."

Midoriya snorted and laughed at him as he towered over the blonde. "How the tables have turned, I'm not going to sugarcoat anything for you Katsuki. I hate you, I hate you with everything that I have. And I have to vet you myself if I'm ever going to let you into my life again."

"Do anything you want I don't care, I'll prove myself to you," Katsuki looked up into dark green eyes narrowed in disgust. 

"Look at you, groveling in the dirt like the bitch you are. It's such a sweet thing to see," He gripped Katsuki by his hair strands and tugged. "Anything I want huh, Katsuki, Bakugo, Kacchan I think you've made a grave mistake."