Chapter 12

They stayed for a long time in silence but Mitsuki wasn't done talking yet. Katsuki's head was on her lap and she was playing in his hair. "Listen to me Katsuki, whatever you do just make that boy happy," She said as she looked directly into his eyes. 

Katsuki's crimson eyes still glistened with tears but the boy nodded along. "Never, ever deny that boy if you know you can do it for him. I'm not saying bend to his every will because quite frankly Izuku isn't that sort of person but don't brush him off or get complacent with his company. You were in the wrong and by the stroke of Kami and that boy's pure heart you got a second chance to change it around."

"I know mom, I feel so undeserving of his affection yet so lucky that it's only me that's ever seen this side to Izuku. I really like him, mom, I really do," Katsuki buried his face into her abdomen where he stayed for a while until a knock came at the door. 

Masaru entered with concern on his face and a slight pout. "Izuku's been downstairs for the last five minutes and you two have been up here for at least an hour. I feel it for the poor boy who been subjected to my bad jokes." 

Both blondes sat up and headed downstairs to the greenette who was on the sofa looking slightly uncomfortable in their home. "Izuku you made it," Katsuki immediately ran over to him and Izuku smiled at seeing him and got up to bring him into a hug. 

"I still remember where you live puddin', just rushed over as soon as practice was over," Izuku said as he placed a tender kiss on his forehead. Mitsuki frowned at the boy's heavily scarred arm. Inko had described how bad it was but seeing it now after it had healed made her feel sick to know her child did that to the boy that was now showering him in affection. 

"Well, time for re-introductions," Katsuki said turning back to his parents. "Mom, Dad this is Izuku Midoriya, my boyfriend." 

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Bakugo," Izuku said politely and Mitsuki was swamped with memories of little Izuku always being the polite one and how she wished Katsuki would take pointers from him growing up. 

"You've grown so much, I hope my son atones for his troubles," She said while trying to keep herself from crying, Katsuki looked next to tears as well. Izuku eased out abated breath. 

"I'm guessing you all talked about me. I feel incredibly awkward now," Izuku tried to joke about it but you could see he didn't want to talk about it. Sadly he would have to ease his boyfriend's parents. "I will admit this was completely out of nowhere but I guess my love for your son never waned despite his actions and seeing as he's made an effort towards being a better person I couldn't possibly pass up the opportunity to have a romantic relationship with him." 

"W-Wait you were in love with me?" Katsuki asked confused as he tried clearing his nose. 

"Why else do you think I stayed by you? You should know I'm all about self-preservation. There were times my former mother would tell me she wanted to transfer me to another school. I said no because I believed you would change and snap out of whatever you were in. Sadly I lost hope for a bit when," He gestured to his arm. "And the suicide enabling. But when I saw you at school and you approached I decided to see if it was real and sure enough it's real." 

"Wait suicide?" Masaru asked, both males were in their own world and suddenly snapped their attention to Katsuki's parents. 

"They didn't know did they?" Izuku asked while looking both horrified parents in the eye. 

"No-no they didn't," Katsuki looked down. "On the last day of middle school, I told Izuku he could get a quirk in the next life if he chucked off the roof." 

Mitsuki looked to Izuku who nodded and looked away ashamed. "At that point, I didn't have anything left so I jumped and survived." 

"Why? Why were you like that Katsuki?!" Mitsuki screamed at him as she took him by the front of his overalls. Izuku quickly intervened and placed distance between them as both blondes had started crying. 

"Aunty Mitsuki it's okay, I'm fine," Izuku tried to soothe her but it was pointless as she gripped the front of his lavender dress. 

"How, how are you so kind? You should hate my son but yet you don't," She pulled Izuku into a hug and Izuku carefully returned the gesture. "Katsuki has been a lucky bastard despite his crappy personality." 

"I don't know why I still love Katsuki and I don't think I'd change it for anything else. Your son is special to me and even though he caused me pain in the past I know he would never do it now," Izuku explained with a smile on his face. Mitsuki looked at his smiling face then her son's solemn one before drying her tears and pulling away from Izuku's embrace. 

"If Katsuki ever does something that hurts you, you come straight to me," She said seriously, then she turned to her son and playfully ruffled his hair. "You've come a long way brat but it seems you still have a cheerleader in your corner. Take care of him." 

"I will, I will," Katsuki promised as he took Izuku's arm. Izuku grinned down at him and everything was alright once again. 

They sat at the table for lunch where Izuku was the main topic as the male expounded what had been going on in his life since the end of middle school. "So plans after High School?" Masaru asked. Izuku chuckled nervously at the question. 

"I want to go into the analysis of quirks field and possibly sign onto a hero agency as a consultant. So I would be the go-to for breaking down quirks and who to send out to combat them so we can have minimal damage dealt with the surroundings," He explained with a bright grin on his face and Katsuki realized that the nerd in Izuku never went away. He had just updated his look. 

"Sounds fantastic, since Katsuki is planning his own agency maybe it's best for you two to partner from now so that when it comes time for gathering heroes Izuku knows the best choices," Masaru suggested. 

Katsuki liked this idea and nudged his boyfriend. "Is that a deal?" He asked with a cheeky expression. 

Izuku hummed tilting his head. "On one condition though."

"Which is?" Mitsuki pressed, Izuku gave both of Katsuki's parents a smile. 

"I get to marry your son," His expression went serious as he said this and both parents could only look at their son who was blushing as he had placed his head on the table. Sadly they could see the tops of his ears. 

"Any objections Katsuki? I'm about to give my blessing for this, I don't think you'll find anyone else to handle your crap in the future," Mitsuki said as Katsuki picked his head up to scowl at her. 

"Mom!" He shouted as he tried hiding away but Izuku's arm on his made him look over at him. 

"Come on it'll be fun," Izuku said playfully. Katsuki huffed and allowed his hand to be led away to Izuku's mouth as he kissed it in a gentleman's fashion. 

"I consent," Katsuki mumbled as Izuku pulled him into his chest. Both parents clapped and from then on Izuku was now dubbed their 'future son-in-law.