Chapter 3

Bakugo was called out more than once since the beginning of the school week. He was doing something quite unlike him. He was staring at his phone with a look of awe as if what he was staring at was some rare and precious jewel to be hoarded. In a way, it actually was a jewel. A jewel he had as a kid that was finally within grasp again, a jewel that he had burned into a beautiful diamond. Izuku was talking to him like they were friends. 

He wasn't delusional, far from it. He took Izuku's words in his heart and knew his once childhood friend hated him. But the fact he was willing to put effort into it made Katsuki happy, he couldn't keep what he felt inside him and wanted to scream and cheer but he still had a reputation. So he just stared at his phone like an idiot and happily responded to Izuku. They traded stories about what happened after middle school, they both could read the room and know it was too early to approach that, so they didn't. 

Katsuki told him what the U.A was like since it was both of their dreams to attend together at one point in the distant past and Izuku laid in on how things were in a regular high school. Izuku had a full scholarship and played baseball. He was both a batter and a pitcher. He was exceptionally well at it if the growing collection of trophies he had in his room was anything to go by since he had sent a picture. Overall that first week was wonderful, they got to know each other and planned to meet up on Saturday again but this time they would be doing something of Izuku's choice.

Katsuki agreed since he was willing to do anything. 

Now there was a thin line between wanting to repair a bond and flat out subjecting yourself to the abuse you once gave to your now abuser. Katsuki couldn't see this line but Izuku could. 

*************

So when Saturday came Izuku was waiting for Katsuki in a small cafe sipping on coffee when Katsuki walked looking around. Izuku had to snort to himself as he watched Katsuki walk over. He stopped carrying stupid backpacks around at the end of middle school and now Katsuki was wearing them everywhere. 'It still bothers me that he's behaving like he's innocent now. Fucking Bully.' He was dressed in full black with chains linking on his jeans along with the blue support sleeve he wears for sporting reasons. 

"Morning D-Izuku," Katsuki bit his tongue as Izuku raised an eyebrow. 

"So we're going to backslide after a week of this?" He narrowed his eyes as he motioned for Katsuki to sit down. 

"No Izuku, I'm sorry," 

"I'm starting to question how sorry you really are," Izuku sighed and called over a waiter. "Can you get him a milkshake, chocolate with a topping of pepper flakes?" They nodded at the weird request and headed back to prepare the order. 

"You remembered?" Katsuki asked with a surprised tone. 

"I always remember asshole, I can recite word for word everything you've ever told me." He said it casually but it told a deeper meaning. It told Katsuki that Izuku had taken what he said and held it close to his heart. Whether it be negative or positive, this gave him some hope and boy was he hoping desperately. 

After talking for a few minutes and drinking their drinks Izuku paid and they left on their way. Izuku spotted some of Katsuki's classmates walking a distance away but it seemed that they weren't following so he ignored it but made a move and wrapped an arm around the blonde's waist. "Umm Izuku," Katsuki looked up at him confused. 

"Don't mind it and come on we have some shopping to do."

They arrived at the Grand Central Mall and Izuku knew exactly where he was taking Katsuki. They ended up going into a piercing shop. Katsuki had a fear of needles for as long as he could remember and if he was right then chances are it wouldn't have changed. Sure enough, as soon as Katsuki glanced at the equipment he started getting uneasy. "Can we go somewhere else?"

"No, I want my ears pierced and you're getting one too," His tone made it clear that he was finally about this but Katsuki dug his heels in. And stop when they were approaching the main counter to make a request. "Bakugo I'm not fighting you on this, it's my turn to make the decisions."

"But I don't want to, I hate needles and you know this," Katsuki fought back as a fire lit in his eyes. Izuku didn't like that so he shot back. 

"And I hate your explosions but you don't see me cringing and backing away," 

The fight died in Katsuki and he turned back to compliant. "Fine we'll get the piercings but I only want one."

"I wasn't paying for more you entitled pussy," Izuku scoffed as he got up to the counter and placed his request, and handed over a black credit card. 

Afterward, it was simply getting Katsuki to sit still in the damn chair. The employee who was doing the piercing looked annoyed at Katsuki's behavior and gave Izuku a pointed look that said 'Either you calm him down or I walk away. Izuku turned to Katsuki and slapped him across the face. Katsuki on instinct grabbed Izuku by the shirt and yanked him down. 

"What the fuck do you-"

"Still the same Kacchan, how the fuck are you afraid of needles when you don't feel anything for a slap," Izuku sneered, Katsuki released him and he remained still for the rest of the time. 

It was the start of a slippery slope that was going to hurt both of them in the long run. But in Izuku's eyes, it was his turn to get back at Katsuki for all the years of loss, pain, and hatred. If Katsuki wanted to prove he had changed then he needed to obey Izuku's every whim without question, any form of resistance will be seen as him reverting. If he had changed then this should be no problem. 

****************

Izuku felt along with his piercings and smiled a bit at how they felt. He had gotten two on each side while Katsuki got one on each side. They were hanging out near a basketball field that was across from a fast food joint they had eaten from and were now sipping on the soda. Katsuki was nursing his swollen cheek with the cold soda while pouting. Izuku watched him from the corner of his eye and sighed. This was going to be annoying but he wanted Katsuki to be spineless towards him so he would play the part of being a gentle person. 

'Not always but when it comes time for it.' 

Now seemed like the time to start. Izuku sighed and pulled Katsuki into his chest, which would mean he had to pick Katsuki up and into his lap. The blonde was clearly surprised but his response died on his tongue when Izuku pressed his drink to his face. "Drink your shit before it melts, I'm already done with mine."

Katsuki knew that was a lie since he could hear the liquid sloshing around in Izuku's cup so instead, he offered his drink to the emerald-haired boy. Izuku rolled his eyes but took a sip to show that he was fine with this. So the rest of the day was spent like that, nursing Katsuki's swollen cheek before Izuku walked him back to the gate of the U.A. 

"Have a great week Izuku, let's meet again Saturday," Katsuki proposed wanting to know. He had to admit his attitude today was really childish and he didn't mean to embarrass Izuku like that. 

"I don't mind but I want you to come home with me. Cook me a meal next time we meet," Izuku clarified with a childish smile. It was the first kind one he'd seen his heart soared when Izuku pulled him into a hug. 

He got drunk on smelling Izuku's cologne again and he couldn't help when he relaxed into the taller male. Izuku hummed as he listened to Katsuki purr like a kitten. He decided to take it up another notch and leave him with a kiss on the swollen cheek. "Get some cream for that, ice and kisses won't do anything." He turned and walked away before Katsuki could get a word out. 

Up by the dorm windows Kirishima had witnessed what was going on and frowned a bit when he clearly saw Katsuki blushing at what the male had done.  'Bakubro you never told me you were seeing someone,'