Chapter 6

It was another Saturday and as per usual Katsuki was getting ready to head out to meet Izuku. But he was taking a slight detour today. He had spent the Friday night before baking a strawberry cheesecake. He spent so much time on it and how he was looking at it as it was missing a quarter of it. He fucking snapped and slammed the fridge closed which alerted the others that he was pissed. 

"Who the fuck ate a piece of the cake?" Katsuki stormed out into the common room where the others were. "It wasn't for any of you asshats, if it was then I would've told you." 

"Come Kats it's not that big of a deal, you can make another," Kirishima said casually as he looked up from the game he was playing with Denki and Sero. The others were just lounging about but Katsuki could see them trying to hide their empty plates. 

"I can't make another one, it's Izuku's birthday cake and I woke up this morning saying 'I'll just print his name on the thing and head out. How the fuck can I show up empty-handed when I told him I'd make the fucking cake," Katsuki threw his hands up and headed back to the kitchen. 

His friends started feeling guilty about the situation since Katsuki did make it clear that if he ever baked something that was for them that he would tell them. That and the fact they all went to bed when they saw Katsuki baking when he usually did it when they were awake so they could taste test it. They could hear a lot of aggressive rustling before they saw Katsuki heading out for his usual meet-up. He had the cake in a decorative box and left without saying goodbye. 

"We can't let him go to his best friend with a quarter-eaten cake," Tenya said standing up. 

"What are we supposed to do?" Ochaco asked as she floated herself out of the sofa which revealed her plate. 

"We should apologize to Izuku, it's his birthday and we messed up by assuming Katsuki had baked for us and ate his birthday cake. I don't know about you but I would be pissed if my best friend ever brought an eaten cake for the celebration." Aoyama said looking into his mirror. 

"Yeah, I feel completely shitty now," Denki said with a sigh. 

"Let's go after him," Todoroki said getting up from his seat. 

*************

Katsuki had voice messaged the situation to Izuku and knowing his classmates they'll try to follow him so Katsuki had decided to get even. Izuku was pissed, he wanted that cake but it was ruined by greedy fucks. Katsuki compromised and they decided that he was going to do it over next week. So now he had to act oblivious as his friends tried following him to the meet-up point. They had already created a narrative. 

It would be easy to follow through since Izuku didn't like them already despite never meeting them. They met in their childhood park as a way to solidify that this was a big deal. Izuku was chilling on a nearby bench close to a monkey bar on his phone. He was in a muscle white shirt along with black jeans, red high tops, and a white support sleeve. His undercut was fresh, a sign he had shaved it this morning and had pendants around his neck along with some black studs in his ears. All in all, he looked like he was ready for a celebration. 

Katsuki could hear a squeal from Momo at a distance behind him and he knew she had been hooked by Izuku's appearance. "Sugarlips you're here and with the cake," Izuku got up to greet him and they fell into the role of the narrative. "I can't wait, ever since you've been snatched by that school I hardly get to taste your baking."

Katsuki laughed nervously as he came closer to him and stopped altogether. "Happy Birthday Izuku." 

Izuku frowned at the response. "Is something wrong? You don't seem all that hyped, is it because I couldn't be there for your birthday? I'm sorry sugar but you know that I tried to get your present in but they wouldn't let me."

"I know, I know and it's not that. Just hearing that now makes me feel all the more shitty. The fact you tried everything to make me happy but now I'm just going to piss you off," Katsuki said as his voice trembled. 

"You look like you're going to cry Sugarlips is it because I asked too much. Did I disrupt your studying, if I did then I'm sorry, I really don't want you to cry," Izuku took the box from him and placed it on the bench before hugging the shorter male. "You know I can't help if you cry."

"Stop being so nice, you're making this so difficult. Why are you such a good piece of shit?" Katsuki poked his hard chest narrowing his eyes as tears started slipping. "I had one job and I fucked up." 

"Did you poison the cake and now you're feeling guilty about it?" Izuku gasped as he playfully slapped Katsuki. 

"Poison? I guess you could say that I poisoned it in a way," Katsuki conceded. 

"I can't, this is painful enough already," Denki said as he got closer to them. 

"He's right I can't let Katsuki go down for this blunder," Mina said quickly following after, the others followed and soon Izuku took notice of their presence. 

"Why are your classmates here, I thought we agreed Saturdays were my days," Izuku folded his arms and the playful tone vanished. His brilliant green eyes turned icy and it sent an uncomfortable shiver through them. 

"Izuku was it?" Todoroki asked with a calm expression. 

"What," The viridescent spat at him. 

"The reason Katsuki looks so distraught was that we wrongly assumed your cake was for us and ate from it," Told bluntly in the only way Todoroki could. 

Izuku tilted his head before he started chuckling. "It's just one thing after the next huh Sugarlips. You're baking for them too, I thought that was Izuku exclusive," He took a couple of steps back and flipped the box open, and sure enough a quarter was missing. "I don't ask for much, since I know your busy but I at least wanted a cake for today." 

"I'm so sorry Izuku," Katsuki started crying. 

"First it was only having one day, next barely getting to talk and text with you, no more of your treats whenever I felt down, and now after enduring a lot for the sake of watching you accomplish our once dreams and now your basically telling me I can't be selfish and have one thing that isn't shared with the rest of your new buddies," Izuku scoffed. 

"Katsuki Bakugo work with me here because I feel like I'm about to fucking explode. You know if you had trashed the cake and told me you couldn't get it done then I'd be fine I'd buy us a cake we'll hang out and eat it like old times. But no you still brought it while having your little clique come forward and explain why the hell I couldn't have a fucking cake. They've become so used to you that they assume whatever you bake is meant for them. They've become really comfortable with you and I don't know what to do anymore." 

"W-What do you mean?" 

"Katsuki I could see this coming from a mile away and I tried to ignore it. I was saying things like 'We'll be different than other childhood best friends. Sugarlips would never leave me on the back burner. But here we are and I'm clearly on the back burner. I just think we're too different now and we no longer have nothing tying us now than our dream and fuck that's now your dream since I can't go down that route anymore. Why the fuck are we here trying to grasp at straws? It's clear you have other obligations than me and I'm just plain quirkless Izuku Midoriya. I'm just holding you back from your new chapter." 

Izuku took the cake and walked away.