Chapter 4

Upstairs Katsuki was bombarded by his classmate's catcalling him. He looked at them confused. "What the fuck are you guys on?"

"Someone just got off a date," Ochako whistled. "No need to hide Kirishima told us what he saw." Katsuki turned to his best friend with a glare and the red-haired male backed up a bit.

"Sorry bro it just took me by surprise so I told Denki and you know how he is," He defended as Katsuki marched up to him. 

"Don't let it off all on me bro I just told Jiro and she blabbed," Denki threw her under the bus. Jiro sighed at her stupid boyfriend but had to admit he was right, she did spread it to the others. 

"Bakugo you know it's inappropriate to have outside relations that are on the romantic stages." Tenya scolded. 

Due to the recent uproar of the imposter amongst themselves and the leaks that were being made due to outside persons who had ties inside the school, it was made mandatory that students not be intimate with those around their age outside as they could be potential leaks. It wasn't that they didn't trust them it was solely for the reason to uphold their current security protocols without outside persons spreading rumors that may give the LOV ideas of what their setup is.  

Bakugo scoffed at Tenya. "Fuck off discount car this ain't no new person in my life. Our moms were friends and we grew up together. He's the only fucking one who gave me reality checks when people used to blow smoke up my ass."

"Sounds like a great friend, god knows how you were when you first came in," Todoroki piped up from his soba meal. "Will we get to meet him?"

"Not now, hopefully never," Katsuki responded. He wanted to keep Izuku to himself for as long as possible. Besides, there was another reason.

"That's really selfish, even for you Katsuki," Mina accused. 

"I don't really care how it sounds I'm just stating what I feel. I don't want him to know you guys simply because I know he will be bitter." He shrugged his shoulders. 

"Bitter, what for? Did he want to get into the U.A?" Tsuyu asked folding her legs up to her chin. 

"Yeah, we had dreams of becoming hero partners. Sadly while I got the best quirk for the job of a hero he got none," Katsuki looked down sadly. 

"Well, there's the General Studies Sector of the school. You guys could've become partners and own an agency together even if his quirk isn't made for frontlines." Tenya rationalized but it just made Katsuki angry. 

"Didn't you hear me discount car! I said he got none! He didn't get a quirk, he's fucking quirkless!" Katsuki yelled at him. "Why would I rub salt in his damn wounds by bringing all of you lucky fuckers to meet him when he's already trying hard enough to be happy for me!" 

"Katsuki calm down, I'm sorry," Tenya apologized as he grasped the words being told. He could understand what Katsuki meant by them not meeting him. It wasn't out of selfish desire alone. They got to see Katsuki six days every week while his childhood friend now got one day. 

The childhood friend must know Katsuki has other friends. Friends who share the same dream as Katsuki. 'Poor thing must thing we're taking Katsuki away if we show up in toe with him on a Saturday. It's really inconsiderate.' 

Katsuki sighed and took a moment to calm down. Working on his anger was always a constant battle but he was getting better. "It isn't fair, his mom can pull any object towards her and his dad can breathe fucking fire. And yet he's one of the 10 percent born without quirks. I do what I do here so that I can show him that I'll achieve the dream we once held together."

"You're an amazing friend. To carry the torch in both your names," Mina cheered as she brought him into a hug. Katsuki stopped himself from snorting.

'If only you knew. After middle school, I had a fucking epiphany but it was too late so I decided to change for the better for him. It was by the stroke of Kami-sama that we met there at his school. It was a sign that I should show him I changed.' He hugged her back and pulled back gagging. 

"Alright, enough emotions I need to shower and prep for tomorrow's study session." Everything went back to normal as Katsuki headed upstairs to wash off. When he was done and was setting out the equipment he got a message from Izuku. 

'Did you ice your face?'

Katsuki smiled as he felt his cheek that had now gone back down to normal. 

'It's fine now.'

'Video call?'

Katsuki obliged and propped his phone up as Izuku came in view. He showered as well and was typing away at his computer. "You look much better, sorry for slapping you," Izuku said as he turned to the camera while still typing. 

"I deserved that, it doesn't even come close to what I did," Katsuki mumbled as he got out working materials. He had upcoming tests and practicals. "Sorry for embarrassing you."

"You deserve it yes but doesn't make it right but oh well," Izuku muttered. "You'll be a good puppy soon enough." Katsuki unexpectedly blushed at the last line. 

"What?" He questioned, Izuku stopped typing to smirk at him. 

"Don't worry your nerd brain about it. When the time comes it comes." 

They went into a silent conversation just staring at each other before they went back to studying only they now had company. Katsuki found it weird that Izuku's typing didn't tick him off, it rather made him really relaxed and he tuned in with a small smile. Izuku while typing was watching Katsuki's expressions and he found himself admiring the changes made. Sure Katsuki was much taller but he happy that he was taller than the blonde. Hero Training had made its impact. 

He had stopped scowling which made his face far more beautiful with his ruby eyes that burned with a passion. He was still studious but Izuku knew that one trait Katsuki had would never change. "Hey, Izuku can I tell you something?" 

"Knock yourself out entitled princess," Izuku leaned back into his chair as he was all ears. 

"Well my friends saw you today and said they wanted to meet you-" Katsuki didn't get to go any further as Izuku scowled. 

"No thanks," 

"I knew you would say that, just wanted to confirm," Katsuki mumbled but loud enough for Izuku to hear. "What was with the cuddling and cheek kiss today?"

Izuku stared at him through the phone and Katsuki felt embarrassed for asking. 

"Do you dislike it?" The question caught him off guard and now he felt stuck in a rock and a hard place. 

"N-No I-" Bakugo stuttered as he thought carefully of his words. He only could come up with something lackluster in the end. "I just thought you hated me. Aren't those things couples do?"

"I do hate you," Izuku confirmed with hesitation. 

Katsuki's mood plummeted as his eyes welled with tears. "So then why would you?"

"Don't question me you fucking bitch," Izuku snapped as his eyes narrowed. "You didn't hate it so why question it?" 

"Sorry if I wanted to know!" Katsuki snapped back. 

"Don't talk to me that way," The emerald-haired boy warned. 

"And what gives you the right to talk to me that way. I'm not your fucking property," Katsuki scowled, he was slipping back into old habits. "Fucking Deku."

As soon as the words rolled off his tongue he instantly regretted it. He saw Izuku's face fly through so many emotions before settling on acceptance. 

"Listen here asshole, don't drag me into your life if you're going to pull the same bullshit in middle school. You haven't changed and I'm done with you," Izuku hung up and Katsuki was left there tearing up.

 He fucked up.