symbol of hope

[CW - S3LF H4RM AND SPOILERS]
nagito's pov

I woke up to see Hinata sleeping, still slouched with a closed computer on his lap. He looked really.. really tired.

I quietly got up and put on my clothes for the day so I could go to work later. I sat on the floor of the bathroom, looking at my bandaged thighs, having shorts on since my apron would usually cover my legs.

I slowly pulled off the gauze, revealing blood-stained scars- still fresh. I sighed as I started to get onto the sink, running cold water onto them. I saw the water fading into blood- I didn't even notice that my eyes were watering.

I softly laughed as I felt warm tears fall from my face. I forgot my surroundings- I didn't know what to do. I hated myself and my body so much. That's why I believed in hope.

So I could hopefully change into what I really was.

I anxiously pinched my skin as I felt the walls closing in on me. I couldn't help but cry.

I didn't even know why. I did this to myself. I ruined everything.

Maybe because of my parents- maybe because everything is my fucking fault. I felt worthless.

I heard the bathroom door open as the scene unfolded.

A shocked brunette staring at a worthless, crying filth- letting it's own drops of blood fall onto the floor.

He ran to me- pulling me into an embrace. I hugged him back- not knowing what to say.

He looked down at my legs, caressing his thumb over some of the scars.

"Please.. tell me what happened.." He said. I could hear his voice shake.

"Before we were together- I- I hated my body- so much- I did this all the time-" I said, trembling.

Hinata had bent down and spread my legs. It was awkward- but he started kissing at them. Praising me. My body. I slapped my hand over my mouth. I felt loved. My pain stopped. Just for those minutes of my life, it all stopped.

I couldn't think about anything but him and how loving he was. How much I loved him. How much I loved that stupid Reserve Course.

"Your body is amazing, Ko. You don't need to do this to yourself.. please... be nicer to yourself.." he whispered.

I held his chin, pulling his face up to mine. His eyes met with mine, gazing into his hazel eyes. I kissed him- again, and again, and again, tears filling my eyes as he pinned my hands to the counter. Our hands intertwined with eachother as I gestured for entrance. He got the idea as our tounges collided.

I softly cried as we let go, leaving a trace as we caught our breath.

"I love you so much, Hinata." I said.

"I love you too.. Nagito," He smiled. "Let's go bandage you up, okay?"

I nodded as he carried me over to the desk. He grabbed the built-in first aid kit that was placed in every dorm, cleaning and wrapping bandage over my scars. He eventually finished and I sat on the bed.

"Thank you..." I said.

He mumbled, looking over to the side as he was putting the supplies away.

"There's nothing to thank me for..." he muttered out.

"Yeah, there is.." I told him.

"And what for?"

"Becoming my symbol of hope." I smiled.