Part 10: Not All Is Black And White

CHAPTER 10: Not All Is Black And White

April 29th, 2028.
6:00 pm, Outskirts of New York City, America.
Creed Mansion, third floor, Edmund's quarters.

The unfortunate reality of my truth is that the man on the other side of this estate really was my biological Father. Last night, after spending a week pondering about it, wondering whether I should ask again, his reaction the first time was bad, but the reaction this time was...different. The black eye from where he slapped me for asking had my heart clenching an ice cold stabbing pain beneath my ribcage. I stay seated on the other side of the bed, scared to death he'd come back in when I head feminine screaming.

I hide under the bed.

I walked in on them once, that was why my back screamed when I move under the bed when he gave me my first real punishment and I didn't leave the room. Not for food, not for water. Not for warmth.

Nothing.

That is how Oswald Creed's kind heart...turned colder than death itself.

*******

March 25th, 2042.
9:15 pm, London, United Kingdom.
Advanced Business Engagements Academy (Private Business Institution), Sylvan Lakeshore.

I felt like a cornered beast with his earphones on as I tap the screen and zoom in on his expression, I hated this stupid plan more than anything else, but Lemon was getting me involved, opening up to me and I needed her to if I was ever going to, "How have you been, since the incident, Melanie?" He's seated way too fucking close to her in my opinion.

I roll my eyes...great, I'm possessive of her.

Sunshine blonde, purple-alien eyed sour Lemon...whom I'm falling for.

Hard.

Lemon sits up a tiny bit straighter, her uncomfortableness showing and my fists growing as I glance up at that prissy door from the shadows of the confined space down the empty hall from his office, "I've been better, I'd like to thank you again, from stopping what could have turned into a worsened situation." I truly hated this plan.

I watch him lean in, my nose twitches, fucking small screen making it hard for me to see, "Melanie, you fell off a bookcase from a great height. Look to me as someone you can talk to, was there anything you felt during that fall, before I caught you?" He studies her like studying a cricket game, no one really quite gets it until the team wins.

She sighs, don't do that, lemon, it's fucking kryptonite for us males to urge the need to comfort over anything else, "Nothing in particular. I didn't think I was going to fall to my death, just be severely injured. Thank you for catching me." I felt obliged to crack the locker in front of me. I hadn't spoken to Talon for the past couple days, still too pissed at him.

Forthright looks at her weirdly, making my eyes narrow and my blood run cold, "I am glad I was there when I was, Melanie. You could have been more than just severely hurt, you do realise that, don't you?" Concerned my ass, had I known he was such a creep before, I would have gotten this asshat fired, but he was connected to something bigger and Lemon needed to know.

My jaw ticks along with Lemon's, "Yes, I know that. Was anything found on who it might have been?" She asks him, I read the annoyance in her expression like the back of my hand. When I came to her last night, wanting to talk-start talking, she told me about this supposed plan of hers. I'd have to be dead not to at least help her, but this was getting harder by the bleeping minute.