Part 35: Ride Or Die

(Author's note: I am done with my exams. So, my amazing readers, definitely expect more updates from me soon! Tell me which book you want updated next.)

CHAPTER 35: Ride Or Die

August, 2033.
Outskirts of New York City, America.
Fitzgerald Institute for Troubled Youth.

I wondered if...in another life, I'd tinker. Tinker with wood, build a house, have my own family and find the woman of my dreams. My nightmares listed those possibilities like taunts in a child's head. I was a teenager now, had been for a while, but time is unheard of down here. It's a new death in the pits. It's a new line carved into the wall of my bunker. It's a new rotation of guards. It's a new set of orphans moving in and it's a new line of flesh ripped apart on my back and healed by the woman who picked me as her favourite. I vowed to kill her a long time ago. But killing of my own free will...I couldn't do it. No matter how much she deserved it.

And she did. She deserved it.

One day, I will get out. One day...I will live and breathe and survive on my own accord.

That day is coming.

It's coming.

*********

August 13th, 2042.
City Centre, New York, NY, USA
Creed Mansion, Headquarters.

I'm creepy.

I know that already.

She paces back and forth, most likely burning a hole in my library carpet as I quiet the others around me, watching. Marvin sits opposite her by the fireplace, there were times when that dip-shit needed to get shoved down a rabbit hole, maybe fed on by a couple demons before brought back up to the surface of the living. He grated on my nerves, probably because he was one of the few people who could convince Lemon that I'm some treacherous beast with a fixation of the unhealthy kind, all directed on her. She swallowed my mind, ate at my thoughts.

"Well, what do we do?" Whatever they were discussing, it's like it's always special twin business.

I hated that.

I felt so excluded.

Only I would never want to be a relative of hers.

Then the urge to take her into my arms and make love to her just about all the time would be an awkward icebreaker if we stalked up our family trees and made some wicked connection that would make me want to drop dead. Then yeah, I'm not exactly barking up that fucking tree.

"What are we supposed to do, Mel? She said to stay with Edmund, if it's anyone's conscience we should trust, it's hers. If he's the safest option, we might as well stay here." Great, this shit is asking for another fucking fracture.

She fold her arms in a stance that made me drool, "I want to know what's going on in Chicago and why she insisted upon staying with Edmund, instead of returning to the academy? It could all be connected, Marvin." I blink, her Mother said what? Poppy Parker? Really?

Colour me fucked.

That woman likely hates me, her husband-well, he didn't even see me in the hospital, which I respected, when I meet him in person, I need to make a better impression than 'where's your daughter and why isn't she in my room right now?' kind of impression. That could get me in deep shit. I heard the dude had to wall off men left, right and centre with his wife.