Part 24: Shock Me, Kiss Me

CHAPTER 24: Shock Me, Kiss Me

March 11th, 2032.
9:23 pm, Outskirts of New York City, America.
Fitzgerald Institute for Troubled Youth.

I wonder what love feels like. If it's warmer than blood, or if it hurts more than a wound.

******

May 5th, 2042.
9:11 pm, London, United Kingdom.
Advanced Business Engagements Academy (Private Business
Institution), Sylvan Lakeshore.

I couldn't think in the moments I felt ready to shatter a line of lockers, maybe shove my fist through brick walls just to get over this drilling anger inside me. It did not make sense. Lemon-if she is even 'Lemon' anymore, made no sense by dancing with the asshole I thought she despised. My footfalls shattered like thunder with lightning at my finger tips, my friends followed, but my girl...my girl.

I shove Talon's hand off my fucking shoulder, "NO! Fuck it, she made her fucking choice!" I spit, my anger flaring, what this woman could do to me-was beyond measure on earth.

"Calm down, man. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for-well, even agreeing to dance with him, that surprised me." Erik argues next to me, fuck it-I slam my fist against one of the lockers, the pain was nothing like slamming my fist in ice, I've done that before, nothing measured to the pain she was putting me through now. She was choosing him. She has no idea what she's just done.

"One of you, tell me what the fuck I've done to deserve this? Why is she doing this? Why dance with him? She didn't once speak to me the entire time throughout dinner, she barely even looked at me!" I spit, looking at each of them, especially Lorraine, only she looked downright scared. She didn't understand. First Lemon lied to me about the freaking colour of her dress, then, she ignores me most of the night, after telling me she was falling in love with me.

Click.

Click.

This is fucking bullshit. Talon looks back to the room, confused and studying something while I'm ready to rip this fucking useless suit off and just call it a night, I'm done now. I don't want any of these useless butterflies in my stomach, thrumming readily before I saw her. Something changed. Everything about her seemed to change.

Click.

"She didn't even wear the fucking necklace." Squaring my shoulders, the clicking of heels was starting to piss me off, but before I could turn to see who, a voice that froze me still murmurs with hidden amusement behind me.

Her voice, "You mean this necklace?"

What?

Ooh, she's good.

Time could pass so monumentally slow, the others face her and just by seeing their expressions in my peripheral. This was a ploy, my conniving Lemon was playing me. All this time, during dinner, the changes in her appearance, the tone, her rarely speaking to me, because I was fucking trying to speak to the wrong woman. In my periphery, I knew her attire was something far more shocking when I see Talon's eyes widen. I clench my fists, this is truly going to hurt. Erik stumbles, Lyndon stills, Iris even looks shocked and she's normally never bothered. Lorraine gapes at the girl who knew exactly how to push my buttons behind me.

Time slows as I turn, a war-a battle could have scorched between us and she could kill me with a fucking look. I had never been so still, the whiplash burning a thunderous pain in my neck from how stiffened I am. It was her ice red heels first and the silk straps of the dress that hinted at her bare skin.