Part 26: The Lost Boys

...so, it's been a while. I'm so sorry, but here's another chapter, I think you will love the chapter! Finally finished exams, so I am back in business! Please vote, comment and share! Love you all.

Cheers, darkblonde1

*******

CHAPTER 26: The Lost Boys

December 1st, 2032.
3:15 pm, Outskirts of New York City, America.
Fitzgerald Institute for Troubled Youth.

I stare at the punching bag, Christian holds it with fast hands, "Harder, mate, or going against the big leagues is something you can forget about right now. Sampson said to train you." He mutters in annoyance, I was frustrated enough as it is, pummelling a strong punch, aiming straight for the gut of the bag, perspiration dripping down me like colourless blood.

I heave a breath, stumbling back at the hunch against my shoulder, "Get back to work, warrior." I hear a slicing hiss from a guard. I don't think, I rip around and attack with a roar on my lips, Talon rips forward before I could land a single hit.

"Think about what you're doing, man. Think." He snarls, facing me to the bag. Christian grabs my wrist roughly.

"Think, you attack when strategic, not out of anger, spite or frustration. If you do not learn, Edmund, you won't survive long enough to earn privileges. Understand? I said, do you fucking understand?" He snaps at me, jerking me out of the dark hole I entrapped myself in, retreated into as a child scorched and tangled in chains. Rustic, metal, unbreakable shackles that my skin knows too well. Well enough to trace the indentations in my skin.

"What privileges?" I spit.

"Pack a stronger sequence of hits, win major fights and figure it out on your own."

*******

May 6th, 2042.
8:09 am, London, United Kingdom.
Advanced Business Engagements Academy (Private Business
Institution), Sylvan Lakeshore.

They say to trust your gut. That instinctive feeling is something chaotic if you go against it. I went against it. Knocking on the door with a stoic look, Erik looked mildly happy to see Lorraine, I wasn't happy to want to see Lemon, I needed to see her. That feeling...the look I want from her...one that touches both body and soul...I don't want another minute questioning, second guessing like I use to in the past, like I failed so much in the past. It wasn't happening this time.

The door opens by a yawning Lorraine, "Who is...oh, hello?" So British.

She hugs her gown around her, I furrow my eyebrows, "It's almost nine in the morning."

Erik knocks my stomach, "Shut up," He whispers to me, smiling at Lorraine, "Hey, good morning." Subtle, truly subtle.

Talon scoffs and rolls his eyes, "Smooth, Erik. Hey, Lorraine, is Melanie awake yet? Lover boy over here says he needs to see her."

"Thanks, Talon." I mutter, rolling my eyes, pocketing my hands.

Lorraine pauses in front of me, "She-she's normally up by now, but the door's locked, she could still be asleep, it was a long night last night. I can make you tea or coffee, if you want." Lemon is almost always an early riser, I purse my lips, she allows us in, I look over and side glance Lemon's room.