Part 25: Death's Pull

Author's note: I know it has been way too long and way too unfair of me, but upon request by verocious99 and inkedwords0511 I promise an update on here, hope you all love it and please, leave comments, vote, share and leave your thoughts. I love feedback, believe me, it helps me improve and the more the better. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

CHAPTER 25: Death's Pull

July 11th, 2032.
11:19 pm, Outskirts of New York City, America.
Fitzgerald Institute for Troubled Youth.

I know what it's like to run. I know what it's like to wish to run too, to feel the hope under one's fingertips, let it consume you like some sort of addiction before it shatters when the chain breaks and five minutes of freedom starts. Running fast, pumping the last piece of energy from mouldy bread, the food consumed-thinking it would be enough. They rip out the zip-tie for an animal's neck, the stick jolting against me.

Roars of triumph echo, "Take the bitch down!"

"MAKE HIM BLEED!"

I cry out, Sampson's teaching weren't strong enough for this when my head is slammed against the urine scented mat and my back jerks at the smell of my blood. My eyes open and dead as blood is choked on. My body screams, I jerk again, the whip rams down against my skin. More. And more.

It doesn't stop.

I'm dragged into my dungeon of a room and there he sits. He moves forward, capturing me.

He tilts a bottle of something against my back, I scream, "STOP."

"I'm sorry, Edmund. But this will heal it faster." He tells me. Christian lays a towel against my skin. I was punished for moving into their group's room.

Edison sits in front of me, gently wetting my hair, "Will he be okay?" He whispers, shivering.

My blood soaked the floor, "He needs to fight the pull."

"The pull to what?" The same trembling voice.

"Death's pull, kiddo. Death's pull."

******

May 5th, 2042.
11:11 pm, London, United Kingdom.
Advanced Business Engagements Academy (Private Business
Institution), Sylvan Lakeshore.

Two days and Three hours later...

I was wrong.

I was so torrentially wrong.

"Track him." I point to Forthright.

He stares at the phone, "He's outside. Call the fucking police, my division!" He snaps, sprinting out of the doors, I'm not a second behind him and soon we're all running. Talon leaps over a log after me.

"He's tracking his phone!" Talon questions with a roar.

"HURRY UP!" Forthright spits over the noise of the night.

BANG!

I hitch a breath, Forthright halts, "Did you hear that?" He whispers, eyes penetrating mine.

Iris stares at us, trembling, "W-was that a-a gunshot?"

"THERE YOU ARE!" I hear the masculine roar. We spin around.