Part 39: The Collision

CHAPTER 39: The Collision

December, 2033.
Outskirts of New York City, America.
Fitzgerald Institute for Troubled Youth.

Talon studies me, "Why are you leaving out bits of the plan with the others? Christian? Edison, they aren't as bad as-"

I cut him off, "You know exactly why. Men for themselves. They are not a group. If we can get them out, then we can. But I won't risk my life for him." I've made a final decision. After all, we'd need a distraction. Not everyone can make it, not with the plan I had in mind.

"When, Edmund? When?"

"Less than a month. Be ready. And act normal." I point to him.

He stares at me, "We won't have anything when we get out? We don't know the grounds, Edmund." He urges.

I grip his shoulder, "We know enough to fool their guards. That's a fighting chance. One I will take."

*******

July, 2042.
London, United Kingdom.
Advanced Business Engagements Academy (Private Business
Institution), Sylvan Lakeshore.

She gives me this stern, know-it-all look, "I don't condone this." I tell her for the hundredth time, there was no convincing me in tapping into some sort of bullshit self-control when she wanted to see the one guy I wanted pummelled to a pulp, who's in the hospital for a darn good reason.

She sighs in defeat, "He might know if it really was Borne who set the fire, because after everything else...this can't have been an accident." She murmurs, giving me another look while biting her bottom lip. Not. Gonna. Fucking. Work.

I narrow my eyes at her, concentrating harder than ever before as I straighten the duvet to her mattress, "We could always try talking to Borne. That one deserves another fist in the head." I tell her.

"I wish I could have seen that one too." I pause at that, oh that little shit told her.

I scoff, of course he would never keep his mouth shut about something like that. Edmund did this, Edmund did that-I mean, for fuck sake, did he have a life or was he happy always shoving me in the line of target with Lemon yapping at my heels, "Of course Marvin told you. Did he tell you what the fucker said too?" I ask her.

She folds her arms, "Edmund, Darling. Marvin didn't tell me anything." She tells me, I didn't know whether to believe her on that one.

I stay tensed at the framing of the end-suite, running a hand through my hair, "Borne deserved what he got." Before stepping to grab a pillow that dropped, she takes a seat on the bed, one leg crossed over the other, waiting expectantly and I hated how well she knew me as I grit her name against my teeth. She hmm's, lying down seductively on the bed spread. God help me.

I give her a look of incredulous disbelief, "Stop it." I tell her. She shrugs with a feigned look of innocence.

"I'm not doing anything."

She shrieks when I move swiftly and hover over her, caged between my arms, I find utter amusement when she looks at my arms momentarily, eyes dancing with a heater look compared to before and if I didn't love it in her gaze. Mine turning predatory and instead of freezing, she giggles.

"This will not persuade me." I trail my eyes over hers.

She leans up, tilting her head higher, "What if I promised, when all of this is over, once we've perhaps even graduated....to marry you? Though, I wouldn't take this as a bribe to see Forthright, given I planned on saying 'yes' anyway." She shocks me and delights me all the same, pressing her lips against mine, I press a hand to her back, the other on the duvet. I lower down, looking over her and pursing my lips against hers, closing my eyes. She undid me.