i - The Piano Bar

What a wonderful night under the big, black sky decorated with glittery golden stars that dazzle like the adornment of a beautiful evening gown. I'm on the balcony sipping a cocktail as I twirl to the music blaring from the inside of the piano bar. With my apple red lipstick, silky little black dress, high heels, bedazzled mini top hat and a mysterious mask to match, I'm hoping for a fine man to waltz my way and ask me for an awkward slow dance. If I'm lucky, we'll get handsy and stir up a bit of controversy tonight.

Or I can leave this place with a sprained ankle and a broken heart to match, with these two left feet of mine...

But, no! I'll cleave to my purpose of this night. To discover a love that gets me hot and sweaty like sassafras. I know the effects of love are similar to the effects of oxidation. Love can either benefit me or harm me. But, I'm willing to take that risk. I'll put on my poker face and use the waves of my body as a ransom for my desire. I'll reel him in with my secret weapon-physicality.

I take a few more sips of my cocktail as the music starts to slow down from the upbeat tempo that was rocking the place. Then, a voice comes on that catches me. The voice was deep, sultry, and manly. It put me in a state of ecstasy so deep it radiates through my veins, cradles my bones, and sends shivers down my spine. This feeling was juvenile and satisfying.

I turn around to put a face to the singer. Of course...Mr. Golden Voice was wearing a mask like everyone else as if we were at Carnival. But, who was this enchanting stranger?