viii - DING!

Sunday. Sweet, sweet Sunday. The most marvelous of days that I've been in expectation of, Sunday. Until...DING! I'm startled awake by an alert on my phone. I guess I forgot to silence that when I got home last night. Ugh...

I check it anyway.

"I see you left me on 'read'." Dark Night says.

"It'd been a long night, sir."

"Ha-ha. You don't have to explain anything to me, princess."

"Princess?" I reply with a confused emoji.

"Oh? You don't like it when I call you 'Princess?' What would you prefer me to call you, than?" he replies with a wink.

God, it's too early for this nonsense... I see in the chat that he's typing a message:

"I can tell by your hesitation that I got you thinking about it." he says.

What is this fluttering that just happened in my chest? My face starts to get that familiar hot feeling.

"You're annoying. You know that, right?" I fire back.

"It's hard to believe you mean that. Let's video chat so I can see what your pretty little face says..." he replies with a wink.

I send a "you wish" reply and put my phone down.

Meow...meow....

Cleo casually strolls into the room with his "feed me" calls. He jumps on my bed and starts to rub his face against mine, purring.

"Awww... are you hungry, little bean?" I ask as I tickle underneath his purring chin.