v - Hard to Get... Over

Oh shoot... he read my message. Wait, is he replying NOW?!

Then... nothing.

Okay...

I'm not sure why I found that brief moment so exciting. I guess I'm attracted to the mystery of it all. Yet, there's a subtle torture that comes with the thrill of mystery. Especially one that seems to not be resolving.

I wonder what he's thinking?

No, Jaen. Forget it. Don't be a desperate kitty!

A few hours pass and still no word from Mr. DN. I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't checking my phone every five minutes. Who does he think he is getting into my head this way? All the while, I'm day dreaming and lusting over the thought of Mr. Golden Voice being at the other end of the phone.

My steamy day dream comes to an abrupt stop when I hear a notification from my phone. The message caught me off guard.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" it said with a winking emoji.

What a sass! Who does this douchebag think he is?

"Not as much as you would like me to know." I replied with an eye roll.

"Fair enough. You looked really hot in that black dress you wore last night. I meant to tell you, but my nerves got the best of me." he says.

"Nerves, huh? You seem pretty ballsy to me!" I say. Wow, where did that come from?

"I like a woman with a little spice to her personality!" he contorts.

"So, you're flirting now?"

He simply replies with a winking face. For some odd reason, I feel my face get hot. No... There's no way I'm blushing over THIS psychopath.

I pull up the camera on my phone and look at my face. Dang, completely flushed. I'm too easy... I hesitate before replying.

"You're really a creep. You know that right?"

"But I got your attention, right?" he says with a smirk.