𝟾

𝕊𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕖'𝕤 𝕆𝕍

I walked down the hall to only see Ace and Dynasty.

"Where's King and Chanel?" I asked.

"King said he's feeling sick, I know his ass lying." Dynasty rolled her eyes.

"Chanel ain't answering her messages, I think they going into a fight." Ace continued.

"King and Chanel?" I looked at Ace weirdly. "What you mean?"

"They messing around with each other." Dynasty said.

My brows rose. "Word?"

"Yeah nigga, we saw them kissing on the track." Ace nodded.

"Damn..what y'all gonna do?"

"Try and make them link later. I was gonna see if we could head to the mall or something after school." Dynasty answered.

"Sounds like a plan, we gonna meet up here after school?" I checked my phone.

"Yeah." Ace replied.

"Ight, let's head on to class."

🐞

𝐀𝐜𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Chanel!" I hugged her.

"Yo Ace." She hugged back. "Sorry for not replying to your messages, wasn't feeling well earlier."

I knew she was lying. "It's cool, we were just worried about you."

"Hey girl." Dynasty called from behind.

We both looked back to see Sincere, Dynasty and King.

He actually did look sick. His nose looked a little red and his eyes were puffy...was he crying?

When he noticed Chanel, he looked shocked. He almost stopped in his tracks, but continued walking towards us.

I looked at Chanel, she had her arms crossed and she seemed to be avoiding King's gaze.

"Heard you was feeling sick man, you good now?" I dapped King up.

"Uh..yeah...a little." His eyes were on Chanel.

"Can we go inside now?" Chanel started making her way towards the entrance of the mall.

👁

King's POV

It was awkward. She wasn't talking to me at all, not even looking at me.

I felt like shit.

I noticed a pickle stand in the mall, it was kind of odd actually.

Maybe I could apologize to her and give her a pickle.
I went over to the stand and purchased a pickle for Chanel.

I went in search of the others, but only saw Chanel sitting by some plants. I took a deep breath and walked over to her. I sat beside her and she scooted away.

"Chanel.." I sighed.

"Fuck you want?"

I put the pickle in front of her. "I'm sorry for spilling the ashes, it was an accident. Please forgive me, I feel empty without you."

She stared at the pickle, then up at me. "You shouldn't be apologizing, I should. I may have overreacted, but those are my mother's ashes and she meant so much to me. I'm sorry for shouting at you like that, I must've scared you."

My heart pounded so hard. "I forgive you."

She smiled and put the wrapped pickle in her purse. "Why don't we go to the bathroom real quick?"

"The bathroom..? I don't need to use the bathroom." I looked at her oddly.

"Yes you do." She rubbed my thigh and leaned in closer.

My brows rose. Now I get it.

She grabbed my hand and started to lead me towards the family bathroom.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"They're in footlocker, they won't notice we're gone."

🧢