18

Chanel's POV

He took me to a drive-in theatre to watch one of those cute 90s romcoms. He held my hand the entire time. It was so cute of him.

"Hey, you hungry?" He looked over at me as he drove.

"Yeah."

"Is pizza good?" He made a right turn and Little Caesar's appeared.

I smiled. "Yes."

He parked the car and we both walked out, making our way to the building.

As King was about to open the door for us, someone came out with a box of pizza and bumped into King.

"My fault." King apologized.

"No King, not your fault, nigga came out of nowhere." I got in front of King and crossed my arms.

"I'm sorry, ain't meant for that to happen." The voice was a little too familiar.

"Chanel?" It was Lamar, my ex.

"Oh fuck." I made a stank face.

"It is you." He smiled.

I looked back on King and confusion was plastered on his face.

"King, let's just go somewhere else for food." I held his hand.

"Oka-"

"Chanel, you didn't get my text? I told you I was in your city."

I started walking away with King.

"Chanel, who is that?" King asked quickly.

We got into the car.

"He's no one, King. Can you just take me home instead please?" I put on my seatbelt.

"Uh..um..oh okay." He said softly.

😵‍💫

Ace's POV

I sat in my car, hotboxing with Dynasty in the school parking lot.

"My parents are coming home this afternoon." Dynasty passed me the blunt.

"Last night was our last sleepover." I took a short pull.

She groaned. "Yeah."

I release some smoke and took a longer pull. "Chill, you can sleepover by me during the Easter break or something."

She put her hand out for the blunt. "You're right."

"So how King and Chanel looking?" I pulled my seat down.

"I actually don't know, he still hasn't told me about their relationship."

"Yeah King and Chanel ain't told me shit either. Do they think we don't know?"

"I think so, but it's so obviou- oh look, King just arrived...he looks out of it."

I pulled my seat up and saw King walking towards the school. He definitely looked like he didn't get much sleep.

Dynasty started putting out the blunt. "What you think happened?"

"Maybe an argument?"

"This time, I don't think so."

🕯