9

King's POV

I looked in the mirror and slowly touched the hickeys from my neck to my chest.

I got shivers, and goosebumps appeared on my body after having a flashback of Chanel and I in the bathroom.

I told her not to give me hickeys, but she wouldn't listen. I shouldn't have gone in that bathroom with her.

Another flashback hit me and I screamed and smiled, while covering my face.

"King come on, I have to retwist your dreads." My mom knocked on the door.

"Okay mom." I couldn't stop smiling.

I threw on a jacket and zipped it all the way up to my neck to hide the hickeys. I walked out the bathroom and went to the living room.

"Aren't you hot, King?" My mom looked at me oddly. "Wearing that jacket indoors, it's even hotter outside?"

I stood awkwardly in front of her. "I'm...cold."

My mom chuckled. "Okay honey, come sit between my legs, you know the drill."

I did as told. She began putting her hand in my hair.

"Hey mom."

"Yes honey?"

"I wanted to do my locs different today." I said softly.

"Really?" She was shocked. "How do you want them styled?"

"Two cornrows." I put up two fingers.

"This is new." Mom opened the locs gel. "It's better than wearing it down and in your face all the time."

I twisted my lips and arched my brows. It was only because Chanel said she liked a a guy's hair at the mall yesterday.

Flashback

Chanel munched on her pickle while strolling beside me.

"You want another pickle?" I leaned down a little and asked her.

"No I'm good, you want something?" She turned to me.

"Um..can we hold hands?" I tugged on my hoodie string.

She smiled. "You didn't have to ask, King." She grabbed my hand.

I smiled uncontrollably and we walked hand in hand.

Chanel was looking around at different stores as we passed them. "Ou, his hair looks nice."

I looked in the direction she was looking at and saw a guy with two cornrows. I scrunched up my face and brought her closer to me.

They looked regular, his cornrows weren't even all that.

End of flashback

"You look just like your Daddy." Mom squeezed both of my cheeks and smiled. "You so handsome without all that hair in your face."