23

King's POV

"King, you looked so handsome, why'd you take out the style I did?" Mom frowned in my face.

I sighed and looked away.

"King what's wrong? Your sister graduated today, aren't you happy for her?"

"I am." I mumbled.

I really was. Sincere, Dynasty, Ace and Chanel all graduated today.

I was stressed. Chanel was going to do a different city for college to study journalism. It's only 3 hours away, but the thought of being away from her is triggering my separation anxiety.

What if she finds someone better? She'll break up with me and never come back here again.

I need to lay down or something.

"I'm going to my room." I told my mom before making my way upstairs.

"Okay baby, feel better."

I went into my room, shutting the door behind me and laid on my bed. I scrolled through my phone and saw videos of Dynasty and Ace dancing.

They were at some afterparty for graduates only. I wish I was there, I just want to be with Chanel.

She said she would stay home and we could watch a movie, but I tried to be less dependent on her and told her to go to the party, and now I regret it.

She was laughing and dancing with everyone else.

I wish I was there.

I continued going through the stories, and saw more videos of her chugging down alcohol, with everyone cheering her on. That was an hour ago. I went to the next story of some girl dancing, but I saw Chanel knocked out on a couch in the back.

I sat up immediately and went straight to my call log.

Should I call her? Maybe she's fine. 

In the back of my mind, I wanted to call her, and I did.

I regretted it almost immediately. The phone rang out, so I called Dynasty.

"Heyyyyy!" She slurred a little bit.

"Where is Chanel?"

"Umm, she was on the couch, but....I moved from there so..  I- I don't know if she's still there."

I hung up and hustled out my room.

This party was at a night club and they had fucking bouncers out here. Who's party even is this?

I went up to the entrance, and of course the bouncers stop me.

"I'm just here to pick up my girlfriend, she's passed out in there." I said sincerely.

The two bouncers looked at each other and made way for me. 

Thank God.

I hustled in there, welcomed by the smell of alcohol, weed and sweat. Flashing lights, fog and loud music filled the large club. People were up against walls making out or smoking weed. I pushed through the crowd of people looking for Chanel.

There were so many couches in this one damn club.

I looked around and spotted Sincere sitting on a couch. There was a feeling relief when I saw him.

"Sincere!" I tapped his shoulder. "Where's Ch-" She was right there still sleeping beside him.

"Man how'd you get in here?" He laughed.

"Wasn't hard. Thanks for staying with Chanel." 

"No problem, I'm the designated driver so it was the least I could do, and I know there be some weirdo ass niggas who would do some shit if she was alone." He shook his head.

I didn't even wanna think about it. I leaned over and scooped her up.

"Thanks again, Sin."

"Anytime, drive safe."