CH 05

Practice was super awkward

Practice was super awkward. Bokuto was in semi emo mode while Hinata has been abnormally silent. From the other side of the court, a pair of stoic blue eyes were placed on the orange-haired male as his brows furrowed. "What's wrong with that boke?" He uttered under his breath but was loud enough for Ushijima to hear. Hoshiumi joined them shortly after and placed his eyes on Hinata followed by Bokuto. "Bet something happened." He observed the scene. "What though?" Ushijima wondered. Everyone in this court was part of Japan's National Team and was nicknamed 'Monster Generation'. Why? Because the team was sickeningly strong. Kageyama couldn't take this anymore and approached Hinata. "Oi, what's wrong?" He asked the bothered looking male. "Nothing." Hinata bounced the ball. Frowning, Kageyama made eye contact with Atsumu and tilted his head a little as if asking what was going on between Hinata and Bokuto.

Practice went on for a few more hours and everyone gathered for a cool down. It was when Hinata stopped whatever he was doing and approached Bokuto making everyone look at them. "Is it true that you like my cousin?" He asked in a low voice. The air turned cold and it turned silent at Hinata's unexpected question. Bokuto's Adam's Apple bobbed at the pressure he was facing with the younger male's eyes looking straight at him. "Yo, Hinata's cousin?" Hoshiumi nudged Atsumu. "Yeah, she's gorgeous." He hummed with Sakusa maintaining his straight face. "I-I..." Bokuto gulped. "Shoyo!" A familiar voice broke the tension as everyone snapped to where the voice came from.

You were seen approaching the national team more specifically towards Hinata. Bokuto's eyes softened at the sight of you as his lips curled the slightest making his once nerve wrecked body relax. Hinata happened to see the look on Bokuto's face as he let out a sigh before nearing him, "You better treat her right. I don't care if you're my senpai or teammate." He threatened in a whisper making Bokuto malfunction a little. "Y/n!" Hinata ran to you cheerfully as if nothing happened. "Woah, t-that's Hinata's cousin?" Hoshiumi was in awe. "She's no doubt attractive." Ushijima crossed his arms. "She's also a foreigner but she speaks kickass Japanese." Atsumu threw some facts. "That boke didn't tell me that he has a cousin from another country?!" Kageyama was shocked thinking he knew everything about Hinata. "The University of Tokyo's student is here." Sakusa laid that fact as if it was nothing and walked away to shower like the clean freak he was. "She's what?!" Kageyama yelled in disbelief.

"Thanks for inviting me, Shoyo! I always wanted to know how the national team trains." You smiled widely. Your eyes wandered and saw Bokuto who looked a little broken and wondered what was up with him. You left Hinata to attend to the owl and stood before him. "Bokuto? Uhm, Bokuto?" You called him twice before poking his arm because he wasn't responding. "Huh?! Oh, y/n! H-Hi!" He flustered after snapping out of his thoughts. "Are you alright?" Your tone was filled with worry. Bokuto looked down at you who had eyes filled with concern. "I'm alright, y/n. Sorry for making you worry." "Don't say that, Bokuto. You can talk to me if anything's bothering you, okay?" You tilted your head adorably after that offer, reminding Bokuto of something. "Baby owl..." He uttered. "Hm?" "N-Nothing! Thanks, y/n!" He patted your head and scurried to the showers.

Hinata introduced you to the rest of the national team and you were honoured to meet them especially Kageyama. "I heard a lot about you!" You laughed. "Really? What did Hinata talk about me?" "He rants and-" "Okay, y/n!" "What? Hinata, boke! What did you rant about me?!" Kageyama demanded to know and started chasing him around. You spoke to Ushijima as well telling him that Hinata was so happy that he got to play against him when they were in high school. It was when you noticed Hoshiumi had wide eyes placed on you in silence making you wonder what was wrong. "He's right..." He breathed, referring to what Atsumu saying that you were gorgeous. "I'm sorry for his behaviour, y/n." Ushijima apologized. "No, it's okay. You guys must be tired." You waved it off. "Y/n, you're such a sweetheart!" Hoshiumi complimented out of the blue. "Eh?" You blinked. "He gets high after a good training session and blurts nonsense. We'll see you later, y/n." Ushijima dragged the shorter boy to the showers, leaving you confused yet amused.