CH 07

"I'm telling you, Akaashi! She's super adorable!" Bokuto rolled around Akaashi's bed while speaking about you

"I'm telling you, Akaashi! She's super adorable!" Bokuto rolled around Akaashi's bed while speaking about you. The dark-haired male has seen his friend go through crushes in school and thought this was going to be a similar outcome as the past. "She's the smallest and most huggable girl I've seen and she's also Hinata's cousin!" "Didn't you panic call me because she's Hinata's cousin?" Akaashi made a point causing Bokuto to stay silent for a while. "Do you know how cute she looked when she ate the salmon sashimi I gave her? Her cheeks were so full and I wanted to kiss them! Oh, did I mention that she was an SM trainee? FREAKING SM ENTERTAINMENT WANTED TO DEBUT HER AS AN IDOL!" Bokuto ignored Akaashi's reminder.

"How old is she?" Hearing that made Bokuto shut up as he did the math in his head for a moment. "She's 21." "And you're 27. Did you consider this before going crazy over her? What if she's uncomfortable with age gaps?" Akaashi pointed out. He added that you were a student while Bokuto was a working adult part of MSBY and the national team. What kind of consequences might happen if you guys were to date because the age group that Bokuto's fan girls' in were your age. They might get crazy jealous and harm you. "Then I'll protect her! No girlfriend of mine should deal with such rude people!" "Dude, I heard you turn shy and stutter when you're with her from Atsumu. You're ambitious to think you can protect y/n." Akaashi was being practical and realistic. Bokuto sighed and slowed sat on the bed slightly defeated. "Hinata's going to kill me!!" Bokuto cupped his face and screamed in his hands.

The door clicked open and you stepped into the apartment. The first thing you heard was Hinata screaming in joy that you were home before standing there staring at you. There were bags with boxes inside and you let out an awkward smile before setting them on the coffee table. Hinata wondered if you went shopping but you shook your head. Sakusa tried looking into the bags the see what was inside without touching them with Atsumu running down the steps with Bokuto. "You went shopping without us?" Atsumu gasped dramatically. "No, I... Oh my gosh." You laughed and held onto your head to collect your thoughts. "The people in school recognized me and gave me gifts." You sighed. SM Entertainment would post profile photos of their trainees and you were in some of them. There was no doubt people were going to recognize you.

"I'm sharing it with you guys. These look expensive. Suits you national players." You picked up an expensive chocolate brand. "Wah! Thanks, couz!" "You're acting as if you can't afford these." Sakusa rolled his eyes. Bokuto's eye twitched seeing the many gifts you got and started devouring the chocolates out of jealousy. "Oi! Leave some for us!" Atsumu yelled with Hinata whining away. "No!" Bokuto aggressively chewed the chocolates. The sight made you giggle seeing Bokuto squatting next to the table while eating. "Enjoy them, Bokuto." You ruffled his soft hair and made your way upstairs. Atsumu was about to fight Bokuto when his eyes widened seeing his friend staring into space looking broken. "Huh? Are you alright, Bokuto?" He asked, poking his cheek. It was when Bokuto crashed onto the ground malfunctioning making Hinata and Atsumu yell in a frenzy while Sakusa remained on the couch unbothered. "Y/n broke him." He mumbled under his breath.

Seeing Bokuto devouring the chocolates was such a sight. His brows inched and his nose scrunched with every bite he took causing his cheeks to be full and chocolate smudges were on the corner of his lips. The thought of it made you purse your lips while looking at the ceiling. "Cute." You mumbled. "What's cute?" Hinata asked, making you snap out of your thoughts. "O-Oh, I saw a puppy on the way back." You lied. You were hanging out at Hinata's room watching him play some games on his desktop. Both of you have been doing this since you were kids so it felt normal and comforting. "Hey hey hey! I'm here- Ah!" Bokuto yelled out of the blue. The sight of you laying on Hinata's bed caught him off guard because he didn't expect your presence. "Bokuto, hurry up! I wanna play Mario Smash Bros on the Nintendo Switch!" Hinata whined. "Oh, yes. That. I'm here for that and nothing else!" Bokuto phrased his words weirdly. "Of course, you're here for that. What else?" Oh. It hit Hinata realizing that you were here too.

After setting up the device, the boys settled on the ground before the bed where you were at. "I'm going to beat your ass, Bokuto!" Hinata snickered playfully like how he has always been since young. "Whatever!" Strange, Bokuto always had a louder and better comeback than that reply. Maybe that was because you were here. "I would choose this character." You pointed to the screen. "Which? This?" Bokuto moved the joystick to the left on the blue controller. "No, this." You took the controller from his hands, causing your fingers to brush against his. Bokuto felt smoke coming from his head that you touched him and Hinata noticed it. "Don't let anything distract you, Bokuto. If not, you're going to lose." He smirked after locking in his character. "Oya? Being smug right now? I'll definitely win because y/n chose my character!" Bokuto grinned widely as that statement made you blush.

During the game, you laid on your stomach with your head in between the boys watching them play. Both of them were loud but there was something about Bokuto that gains your attention more. His every facial expression was a sight to behold along with his laughter when he manages to cause damage to Hinata's character. Your pupils dilated and felt fuzzy and you found yourself leaning towards him. Bokuto smelt clean and fresh with a light wash of cologne. "Ha! See, Hinata? I told you I was going to win because y/n picked my character!" Bokuto showed off proudly. "Thanks, y/n!" Bokuto was a little startled that you were close to him all of a sudden. You realized the position you were in making your cheeks burn. "It's nothing! Do you guys want snacks? I'll go get some!" You scrambled out of the room leaving a confused yet blushing Bokuto.