Chapter 8 - It Begins

< -- > --- ----< - - - - >----- --- < -- >

Narrator POV

As the Big 4 prepares for the little test they will conduct for they to choose whom they will add to the group. "Alright, is that the last?" asked Nejire as she placed down a human decoy at the side. "Yep that's about it," said Izuku, "Arigato Cementoss-sensei for the help," he said bowing at the teacher. He then looks away from the clipboard he was looking at. "Mirio, can you ask Sir Nezu to call in the chosen students please" requested Izuku who only replied with a thumbs up.

Kasumi POV

Hello everybody, my name is Kasumi Lykos, a student of Class 2 - B and I'm currently walking towards Gym Gamma because I was told so by the school speakers. As I walk around the corridors and halls of the school, I can't help but think why I was being called, did I do something wrong?

I am now standing in front of the gate of Gym Gamma, I then entered and saw some 2nd-year students and Big 4. "Ahh, you must be Kasimu Lykos?" asked Mirio -senpai as I entered the gym. "Y-yes" I stuttered since Mirio-senpai was talking to me, since it isn't every day to get to talk with the strongest students in the school, "Well, come on and we can now start the exercise" he added.

"Welcome, you guysare the selected 2nd years to participate in this simple and easy exercise" said the green-haired guy that I am assuming to be the Big 4's tactician and leader,Izuku Midoriya. "This exercise is very simple, you are going to form a3-person group and transport an important artifact while being hunted down while trying to get out ofthis maze we made, simply right?" said Izuku-senpai while bringing out aunique katana from a portal-like thingy. 

"So, Any questions?" Izuku-senpai asked, I then raised my hand and asked "Hmm, aren't we supposed to wear our P.E uniform or our hero costume?". "You have 5 minutes to wear your P.E attire and we will then begin," He said, the selected 2nd years and I then started to leave the Gym and into the dorms to fetch our P.E attire.

As I finished wearing my P.E attire, I then proceeded to hide at the gym thinking that I was already late for the exercise. As I entered, I then saw the Big 4 stretching and I then proceeded to walk to them. "Oh! Hello! ... You're Kasumi, right? it seems you're the 1st on here, point for punctuality" said Nejire-senpai. "Come on, Alister, we'll be late if you don't hurry up!" said an unknown voice, "Then let me tie my shoes Reo!" replied with an angry tone.

As I watched these two boys argue about being late and tying shoes, I then took the courage to talk to them. "Uhmm, Hello ... My name is Kasumi Lykos, I was wondering if we could be a team for the exercise" I asked, they then stop arguing and faced and "Hello my name is Reo Ohara, and yeah sure why not, let me just see the decision of Alister'' he introduce himself and reaches his hand for a handshake. "The names Alister Drakos, and yeah sure let's be a team," he said, shaking my hand.

Izuku POV

As I watched the three already forming a team, I can't but smile and "It seems we have a good candidate for the group" I said where Tamaki only nods in agreement and said, "B-But t-they still have to reach the e-end of the course to d-d-determine if they are worthy". I nodded and saw some of the 2nd years coming in and started stretching, preparing for the exercise.

As they finished stretching I then said "Alright, you will have to transport this banner to the end of the course and will be hunted by us, we will give you a 3-minute head start" I said as I looked at the watch and said, "And your time ... starts ... now". I then saw the three students getting a flag and running together towards the course, while the others were still forming a group and grabbing a flag before entering the course. 

Three had already ended, I nodded at the three and we immediately dashed towards the course and started hunting down the 2nd year. It wasn't a few minutes before I already found my 1st 2nd year wandering around alone "Damn those guys, I thought they would wait for me" the 2nd year not noticing me behind him. "Well, do idiots forget that I have the banner" revealing a folded banner in his pockets.

"Well, this is a lucky day for me," I said revealing myself to the lone 2nd year surprising him. The surprised 2nd year tried to use his quirk where his entire arm turned into a blade and it collided with my katana with the sheet still on. I then dashed back to keep my distance from the 2nd year, the 2nd then dashed towards me with both of his arms turned into blades. I then position myself in the Kobudo stance Te Ura Gasumi and waited for him to be in the right distance to strike.

He was now a few inches away from me, I then sidestep to the side and did a downward slash to his neck, knocking him out in the process. I then took his body to the entrance and laid him in one of the beds we set up just in case some students may get knocked out. I then use the gym speaker to announce the 2nd that has been eliminated. 

Kasumi POV

Alister, Mikoto-san, and I were running towards what seems a ruined town and we then decided that we take a short rest in one of the buildings. As we enter a small house, we first scanned the area just in case one of the Big 4 was there but fortunately there was none. As we take our short rest, we then heard noises from outside of the building. We then took a peek from one of the windows and then saw Mirio-senpai and Tamaki-senpai double teaming a group of 2nd years.

We first saw Tamaki-senpai turning his fingers into an octopus with a shell of a crab on the tips using it to grab one student with no issue while using his other tentacles to knock out a student. Then saw Mirio-senpai vanishing in the grown multiple time confusing the 2nd year before delivering a strong punch in the guts while shouting "POWER!

We then silently head to one of the rooms to hide, "So, what are we going to do, when we meet one of them?" Reo whispered. We all kept quiet thinking what should they do, then I said "Well ... we could ... no, that will backfire a lot". And silence blanketed us again, after a full 4 minutes of silence, Alister-san decided to break the silence by asking "Lykos, I know we just meet but do you trust me?", I then paused and gave him a big smile and said "Yeah, I trust you", he then gave me a big grin and said, "Alright, this was we are going to do".

< -- > --- ----< - - - - >----- --- < -- >

A/N - this is my first time writing a detailed fight scene but I do hope that you like this chapter and if there are any issues regarding the story, please do tell me ... Well, that's all and I'll see you guys in the next chapter