4. apparently time has passed

The last time Klay and Angeline saw each other was before the girl left. It had been a long time. At the beginning it was hard for both sides, Klay had a hard time concentrating on training and only thought about her. Angeline focused on her studies, since the schools in France were more demanding, but she still thought about him.

 Klay grew up being the most handsome on the team, he was able to go out with some girls and always went to parties. Angeline started dating Timothee, the guy was sweet, super polite and treated her like a queen.

 Moving forward, Klay was drafted. He started college, but for his talent, he got a spot on the Golden State Warriors quickly, and for his talent, he signed a starting contract after only thirty games. He was the name of the team.

 Not only him, two years earlier, a boy named Stephen Curry joined the team. And he became, not only a teammate, but became his best friend. They sometimes went out to dinner after some games, Klay would go to Steph and his wife's house, and even play with their little daughter. 

 He was completely fine, happy and satisfied with everything that was happening. Angeline had broken up with Timothee about two months ago, the only thing on her mind was why this time it hadn't hurt as much as ...well you know.

 The rest of her high school had been perfect, she loved her French friends. She got into college quickly because of her intelligence. And now she was looking for a Ph.

-Hey hey, did you get an answer to anything yet? -Riley, her long time friend, arrived at the cafeteria she was in.

-Not really. -Angel closes the notebook and lets go of her body on the chair.

-There's still time, you're smart. You know that.

 She is smart, and that's why she got into college. But she didn't want to go, because college was in her old town in the United States.

 She didn't want to abandon her father, and neither did her friends. Not again.

 So she preferred to lie to Riley, because she knew that if she talked, the girl would insist.

[ - ]

-Dad, if you had the opportunity to go to a good college, would you go?

-Of course, why not?

-even if it was in another country?

-Why are you asking me this?

-I’ve passed college in San Francisco.

-That's wonderful, my dear. -He got up from his chair and went to give her a hug.

-It's not, Dad, you know I don't want to leave you here.

-I'm old now, I have nothing left to lose. But you are still young, and you have a beautiful dream ahead of you.

-But... I don't know.

-Look, as your father, I want the best for you, so go. You deserve it.

And she went.