Chapter Thirty-Two

People gathered around in amazement at the pair dancing in the cobbled streets of the village. Whilst they let the tambourine and stomping of people's feet control their movements. Hye hadn't danced intimately with anyone before, no one but her dance instructor who taught her how to waltz anyway. 

The commoners' shoes on the cobbled streets provided a steady beat for them to dance to the tambourine providing a bit of a higher note to their dance. Jimin held eye contact with Hye for the duration of their dances, their moves getting raunchier with each passing second. Hye spun around and landed in Jimin's arms, his arms embracing her softly yet somehow firm. Hye would've been lying if she had said she didn't like it.

Jimin had decided when Taehyung had returned to the campsite without Hye and he had clearly just walked and not even watched over her as she washed, that he would make his move on her. The excuse he gave to the boys about accompanying her to make sure she was safe wasn't a lie, but he also wanted to spend more time with her. He was not an idiot though, he noticed all the glances that Hye had sent to Taehyung over the last few days, he had noticed how she spoke to him, how she spoke about him, how her eyes lit up when he sat beside her - he wasn't an idiot, he knew he had near to no chance with her.

He had been too indulged in his own thoughts to notice the rain coming down on top of him, making his white tunic become seethrough which caused a lot of the women in the crowd to flush and to send suggestive winks to him. Hye continued dancing in the rain, having kicked her shoes off to make sure she had more grip on the cobble. He stood back and watched as she danced, he noticed little spots of blood forming on her feet from the sharp stones beneath her feet, but watched how she didn't flinch once. Jimin observed as her hair became flat against her head, the water flicking off if she moved her head quickly, and he noticed her outfit becoming increasingly tight as the rain clung to the clothing which therefore clung to her body. 

No matter how much Hye danced though, the rain got heavier and the crowd started to disperse. Jimin put a hand on her shoulder once all the crowd had gone, and offered her a small smile. "Let's get to a tavern and get dried off before we catch a cold." Hye nodded and grabbed the satchel of coins and fastened it before she headed off to the tavern Jungkook had scouted out earlier on in the day and had decided that it was safe enough to use as a base for the night. "Are you not going to put your shoes back on?"

Hye looked sheepishly down at her wounded feet. "Honestly the damage is done and it would probably hurt more to try and put shoes on then walk barefoot-" She was cut off by Jimin scooping her up in his arms, her shoes hanging off of his fingers of one hand. 

"You're not walking to the tavern then. You'll injure yourself more." Jimin spoke with a protective tone, Hye's eyes widened at the tone before she nodded and settled into his hold. She knew there was no need to fight it. 

Once at the tavern Jimin was still carrying her, which caused an uproar when he walked into the shared room. Taehyung looked at Jimin, then Hye and then back to Jimin before his face turned dark and he pushed past the two of them, walking out the room and slamming the door. Jimin simply rolled his eyes and set Hye back on her feet. "She danced without her shoes, her feet are cut. Yoongi can you see if there's anything you can do?"

"Of course, although next time you dance with no shoes I'll beat you up myself." Yoongi joked, approaching Hye who was beelining for the seat. 

"I'll go follow Taehyung and make sure he's okay-" Jungkook started speaking before Hye paused mid-step. 

"I'll go do it. I think he's mad at me." She spoke softly. 

"You need to get treated-" Jimin started before Hye turned to him, ignoring the pain in her feet, and shot him a cold look. 

"If I'm selfish enough to get treated and something was to happen out there?" Her eyes brimmed with tears. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I'm fine walking for a little while longer." She walked past Jimin, making sure she didn't clash with his shoulder like Taehyung did, and walked out the room.