Chapter Twenty One

Yoongi sighed as he sat in his village with the other witches. Not that he could call it a village, it was a few huts that housed several witches at a time. Yoongi was the oldest of them all, and the most wise. He had been there for generations, his power so vast that he didn't need to worry about old age. As long as he regularly used his powers and didn't over use them he didn't need to worry about dying any time soon, providing he wasn't stabbed or anything.

Everything was fine and peaceful in the village, he had just finished helping a group of humans who had stumbled across them. Or at least it was until a group of Fae turned up at the entrance to their village asking for help.

Now you would think that being the elder witch, he could essentially rule all the witches but that wasn't how the witch society worked. He had little to no authority over the witches in his village. He was surprised when he witnessed all of them rush to help the injured Fae.

For the last 10 generations, and probably more, the Fae had been enemies of the witches. Witches were there to help the humans, to help the animals, to help anyone but the Fae.

There was a time, many moons and suns ago, when Fae and Witches lived in harmony and peace when they lived hand in hand, produced offspring that held both powers of both beings. But that all changed when a new leader of the Fae came into power.

Yoongi was but a small child when it happened. They had a communal village for everyone to live in and it was large enough to challenge the size of either kingdoms that were nearby. His mother was coming closer to her elder witch status. She had been talking things through with the Fae leader Min-Jun at their meetings in place of the current elder witch as he was now too old and frail to attend meetings. That's when Min-Jun had died during the meeting, and his successor who was sat beside them instantly blamed the witches. 

Fae tend to live many generations longer than the average human, the average human tends to live till eighty, however a Fae can live until he is near two-hundred. So when Min-Jun had died at the age of fifty, it was instantly treated as suspicious.

His successor Myung-Dae had accused the witches of using their magic to harm their now deceased leader, Yoongi had never saw his mother again. He had hated Fae from the moment Myung-Dae had murdered his mother in cold blood. He had hated them from that moment and his blood still boiled. Myung-Dae became a tyrant, every witch knew he had participated in the murder of the elder witch. Now their coven had no elder witch, and no successor. It was like a kingdom losing their King and Queen and having a small toddler in charge. It was easy to take over, it was easy to defeat them.

Myung-Dae soon began murdering any witch that didn't fall in line with what he wanted, soon Yoongi's close family friends didn't return home and he was all alone. From the age of 10, Yoongi became a powerful witch. Many generations of his family power had flowed into him. When Myung-Dae smelt him out, he looked up at the buff man. He did not flinch in the face of the man. 

"You killed my mother." Yoongi spoke. In the village square, Fae and witches had gathered around to watch the happenings. "You killed the elder witch."

"You're deluded by your family's history child." The Fae spat. "Of course you'll believe whatever her damned spirit is telling you." 

"You killed Min-Jun." Yoongi announced. Gasps rippled from both Fae and witches alike. "You slipped poison from Monkshood into his drink." 

"Why would I kill a fellow Fae? Don't lie in front of your own people."

"You're thirsty for power. It's why you're acting like our ruler." He spoke bravely, being the age of ten meant he was significantly shorter and much more scrawny than the Fae leader in front of him. He still didn't flinch when he pulled a sword out and aimed it at his heart, the tip brushing gently against the rough material of his tunic. "You murdered innocent people. Your people know it, and so do ours. Even you know it. You'll never be a good leader like Min-Jun was, you'll never truly have a following."

"You liar!" He swung his sword and Yoongi simply looked at Myung-Dae and muttered a simple spell under his breath and the man crumpled to his knees, his arms going limp at his side and his sword clattering to the ground. The Fae guards behind him readied their weapons. 

"No need to harm me." Yoongi raised his arms in a mock surrender. "After all I'm just a ten year old." He smirked. "Whoever wants to leave that is a born witch, a pureblood so to say, follow me. We're leaving." He grabbed the sword off the floor and held it in his hands. 

"You can't take that-" Myung-Dae choked out.

"I can and I will." Yoongi crouched slightly so he was eye level with him. "Technically it was mine to begin with. My mother enchanted it and forged it."

"But it's mine!"

"If you want it so badly, you'll have to kill me." He spat. 

--

Yoongi was not impressed when Fae turned up at his village for help. When he refused to help them, his witches should've agreed and turned them away. But they didn't.

They turned him away. Told him to leave.

So he did, he grabbed Myung-Dae's sword off his hut wall and left the village. That was the year of his twenty first birthday. When walking through the forest picking plants and blessing them, he bumped into a ragtag team of four boys. One of which was barely conscious on a cart that was being pulled. 

"Are you able to heal him?" One of them spoke with a royal tone. Yoongi looked at the boy who was breathing heavily on the cart. 

"I can try." Yoongi hummed. "Follow me."

AN: Hello everyone, sorry for the late update... the really late update. I hope you have all been safe and well during the recent world-ly events. For those who haven't seen, I have made a patreon (still in the works but functions for tier 1), and a discord server! If you want the link to join, check out my profile for the most recent link!