Chapter Twenty Three

Jimin watched in amazement as she learned swiftly from Jungkook teaching her how to use a sword. Her body moved fluidly as if she was born to use weaponry. He couldn't help but smile at how even Jungkook who was struggling to keep up with the girl. The blade got lodged into the tree behind him as he narrowly dodged. Everyone had gone hunting for food, but because she wasn't ready for long walks yet due to the muscular damage she had done walking so far, she was to stay at camp, and Jimin and Jungkook had offered to keep her company. 

"Well if this was a real fight you'd be in a bit of a pickle." Jungkook chuckled, his own dull metal blade readied to attack her. Jimin was mesmerized by the two, it was almost as if it was a choreographed dance that they had been practicing since they had began to walk. A swift tug at the hilt of the sword stuck in the tree trunk and it sprung free, the point aimed directly at Jungkook's throat. Jimin's eyes widened, and Jungkook dropped his sword in defeat. "Okay, I stand corrected."

"I don't give up easy. My next option was this." Hye pulled a small dagger from her sleeve and Jungkook let out a gasp. 

"That's mine!" He patted his pockets frantically, making sure it was indeed actually his. 

"I know." She handed it to him, the blade balanced in her palm. Jungkook took it and put it in the waistband of the leather belt. 

Hye smirked, placing the sword on the floor near a log and reaching for her canteen, taking a few sips of the herbal concoction Yoongi had made for her to help her muscles relax. "It's so nice being outside." She laid down on the grassy floor, her hands playing with the blades at her sides. "Something about the fresh air and the... freedom." She lifted her head to lazily look at the two boys sat on the log in the shade. 

"I understand. After all I was in jail for a while." Jungkook laughed quietly. The three sat in silence for a while, listen to the wind rustle through the leaves, Hye felt the wind tug at the grass around her as she enjoyed the warmth the sun provided. 

Hye was barely allowed out in the sun, her parents worried that it would damage her skin. A point she could understand to some point, but not to the sheer extent that they would enforce it. 

The tranqulity was broken when the line of trees surrounding them was broken by a wide eyed Seokjin. "G-Guys!" He panted, trying his hardest to not lean against the tree for support. "It's Taehyung-"

Jimin and Jungkook stood up alert. Hye's eyes widened in shock as she looked up. 

"I-" 

"You don't need to explain, just take us." Jimin spoke, cutting of Seokjin.

Hye rose to her feet, wincing as the practice with Jungkook had took a toll on her already aching muscles. "You should stay here-" Jungkook started and she lent and grabbed the sword she had left in the grass.

"We're a family. If you two are going, I am going. Seokjin, lead the way."