Chapter Twelve

Jimin wandered the next village along with his market behind him, dragging it along with him. He had loaded it with anything he had found over the last few days, a few pouches, a few bits of silver that a higher class person had left on the table in the tavern a few nights ago. It was full of weird things that he would collect and hold until he was able to sell in a village to allow them some money.

The job was hard, but watching the boys faces when he returned to camp with a small bag full of silvers and the occasional gold was worth the muscle ache, it was worth the lower class trying to steal an apple from his cart - not that he was against this, the apples didn't cost him anything and people needed to eat, regardless of their social status - and it was worth the abuse some of the higher class people gave him when he walked through their part of the village.

He continued working throughout the day until the sun began to set and he walked back out the village gates and headed through the forest with the little rickety cart following behind him back to the campsite that the boys had made to stay in for a few more days.

Once he got there, he hid the cart in the bush nearby and sat down on a log, sighing when he managed to rest his feet finally. Hye came up to him holding a little bowl and the wooden spoon. "Here's some food." She smiled kindly and Jimin smiled and took the bowl and spoon from her.

"Thank you." He whispered. She smiled brighter at him before walking away and grabbing her own bowl and spoon. She sat beside the fire, the orange glow radiating off of her. Jimin thought it made her look warmer than she already did and Jimin's heart swelled up at that. His heart swelled up even more when he saw Taehyung take a seat beside her and talk to her.

Jungkook sat beside Jimin. "How was work today?" He asked quietly. He knew how much it pained Jimin to work, after all he was walking all day and didn't take a break from sunrise to sunset.

"It was long and tiring. But I got quite a few silvers and a few gold pieces." He smiled. Jungkook nodded.

"I just wanted to tell you that you're doing a good job, and we all appreciate it." Jungkook smiled up at his elder brother and ruffled his hair as if he was younger than him. Jimin swatted him away playfully.

"Thank you Jungkook..." Jimin sipped at the watery broth in the spoon, enjoying the feeling of warmth that radiated through his body because of it.