Chapter Nineteen

Jimin pulled the cart behind him, not many goods left on it as he walked through the richer part of the kingdom. It still wasn't noble status, but it was richer than those who lived in the village a few miles away. 

"What's a dirty peasant like you doing in this part of the kingdom?" Someone shouted, and Jimin soon became full of adrenaline. "Get out!"

He was used to this by now, but as long as they didn't begin to take the goods off his cart like the last kingdom, he didn't care what kind of abuse came from the public. He needed the money that came off him selling his goods to support him, to ensure he could still eat and survive. He wouldn't call what he did living. 

He'd stop in one village overnight, paying with the very few coins he had earned for a room in an inn, along with a warm meal and a fresh canteen of water. Then it would be the same the next day with the next village over. He'd walk around, sell his goods, rest in the tavern for a night and then move onto the next. 

He didn't go out and enjoy his days like the people he had seen the other people his age do. He didn't have friends his age, or any at all rather, for him to do these things with. The only interaction her had with people was when he sold them an item or two off the cart, when he got his tavern for the night and any abuse people might hurl at him in between all of this. 

Today was apparently no different. 

"Hey! I said get out!" He felt a stone hit his arm and he looked at the direction it came from before continuing his walk deeper into this part of the kingdom.

Before he realised what was going on, he was on the cobbled ground, feet digging into his sides, and words being hurled at him. This had been going on for four years, the same rinse and repeat cycle of selling and abuse.

He tried to move and get out of the circle that had surrounded him, he tried to get out without harming anybody as these people would have the power to get him arrested if he did so much as poke them. He got to his knees and couldn't manage to get any further as a booted foot connected with his stomach and winded him, causing him to double over and gasp for air. 

"We told you to get out. How dare a filthy peasant like you strolls through here thinking he owns the place when in reality he's just making our town smell." One called out, another foot connected with his ribs and he cried out.

"And then you looked at me as if you were an equal. Is that what you wish for rat? You wish you were as rich and powerful as us?" 

"I suggest you get off him now." Jimin heard someone that had a similar dialect. "These other people won't hurt you. But I will. So I suggest you scram." The people broke apart as footsteps neared him. Jimin tried to force himself to his feet, or to at least look at the people nearing him. He just hoped they weren't going to be agressive to him either. 

"Jungkook, you pull the cart. Seokjin, help me put the man onto it." A voice that sounded like it belonged to a royal demanded. He felt someone pick him up and he tried to open his eyes, but his body felt so heavy and tired. He felt his back touch the rough wood his little cart was made of and began to feel it move beneath him.

At the age of nineteen, he really wasn't living his best life. His entire body ached, and now he was being taken god-knows where.

Jimin opened his eyes and saw two men walking in front of the smaller boy pulling the cart as if it weighed nothing. "T-Thank you..." He managed to croak out. Whatever they were going to do with him, as long as it wasn't prison, would've been better than what he had just endured.

"Just keep quiet and conserve your energy." The one that hadn't spoken, had finally spoke. Jimin kept quiet and laid there, eyes closing over again. 

Somehow, he just knew that these men weren't going to harm him. He felt peace radiate off all three of them. With that he felt himself slip into unconsciousness.