13. Secrets Secrets & more Secrets?

Anthony

"She did what now?" Randy questioned. I was running errands for Leah so I thought what a perfect time to catch him up on my crazy ass life. "Bruh, I'm telling you, my wife is crazy and not the check my phone kind either."

"Why you lying? She ain break that thot nose."

"Think I'm bullshxttin. Kirsten can vouch for it too."

He laughed loud as hell. "Not the little thugette. She act just like Leah and Maddie."

"Hell yeah. How is Maddie anyway?"

He sighed. "Iono." I frowned, turning into Walmart parking lot. I found a spot and parked there, letting the truck run. "Come again?"

"She been on it lately. She keep accusing me of sleeping around and I'm tired of it."

"Yeen sl-"

"Na, man of course not! Sheen fina skin my ass alive. She took Rae and went to Houston for a few days. Said we needed this break but she haven't responded to my text or calls. Ha momma told me she locked ha self in the room."

I shook my head, getting out. I grabbed a basket and went straight to the food section. "Bruh, getcho ass on a plane and go get yo family."

"The fuck you think I'm packing for? Ya boy ain slept since she left. I need ha ass back. I love that girl man."

"Love? My nigga you just said love. Ahhh shxt." I laughed and so did he. I looked over the list, checking off everything as I put it in the basket.

"Ha. I guess I did huh? She got my head gone mayne." I was about to say something until my phone beeped, meaning someone was calling. It was Houston area code, so I figured it was Adrianne with a new number or some shxt. "Hol on bruh."

"Helluh?"

"Is this Ant?"

I frowned. "Yea, this him. Who this?" There was shuffling around before a response. "Kiona. Do you have time to talk?"

"A few minutes. Wassup?"

I heard her sigh. "I know it's been a while since I've seen you and this may be crazy but I need you to come to Houston."

"Houston? For what?"

"To take a DNA test for my son."

I laughed cause clearly she was playing me. "Kiona, iono what kind of shxt you tryna pull but I advice you not to try me."

"Anthony I'm not tryna play you. Look, Troy got tested and it came back negative."

"The fuck that gotta do with me?"

"You were the only other person I was with."

I laughed even harder to the point that I started choking. Bitch had me fuxked up to the fullest. "You expect me to believe that? I kept my shxt strapped."

"Look, I'm not tryna argue. I just want my son to know his father. We can do this one or two ways. You can volunteer or I can send you a court order in the mail. I'm sure Leah would be happy to be a step mom."

"Bi-," I caught myself. "Gimme a few days." I clicked back over to Randy. "Yo!"

"Damn you had me on hold forever. I forgot I was on the phone," he laughed. I'm guessing it was on speaker and he was still packing.

I hurried to the check out, paid for the stuff and left.

"I'm in some deeeeppp shxt, bruh. Leah gon kill my ass."

Randy laughed. "What you do? Go Usher on her?"

I pausef and stared at the phone. This nigga got jokes. "Nah, but I gotta go to Houston."