26. Forgetting the Past

^^^GO CHECK IT OUT!! 😊😊

I absolutely was not feeling this chapter but whatever. If you like it, good. If you don't, well shove it!! 😊😊 I missed yall tho Thanks to my cousin Kabra for helping me with this chapter. She's the best.

You should check out my Interracial Love Story called Love In Color... Yes, I asked in the last chapter and yes I'm going to continue to ask until all 600 of yall that vote on this story, vote for that one... 😁

Also, updates will probably be slow on this story because I'm trying to focus on the one.

Saving the best for last, The Guy Next Door got 1 million reads and I'm hyped as hell man. I made it to the million read club. That's a big deal man. Well for me. Okay I'm rambling, share, vote and comment or YOU'S A MUTHAFUCKIN BUSTA NIGGA. Excuse the mistakes and enjoy the chapter.

-Jayyyy

*2 weeks*

Kyleah

"Kirsten and Antoinae, come on! You're gonna be late for school!!" I yelled from the kitchen, putting breakfast on the table. I was running around, trying to be super mom and get everyone's lunch ready. My hair wasn't done and my face was bare. God I hate Monday. Braelyn was in his high chair, throwing more Cheerios on the floor than in his mouth.

"Braelyn J'mere. Food goes in your mouth and not my floor." He looked at me and smiled, like it was funny. I swear this little boy was a handful. Antoinae came downstairs, dragging her backpack.

"Am I the only morning person in this house?"

"Yup," Ant groaned, coming around the corner. I gave him a faint smile as he sat at the table with his food.

"Mama, can I ask a question?"

"Sure. What's the matter?"

She sat her backpack down by her seat before climbing in the chair. She sat at the table and propped her elbows up. "I know I'm only supposed to be here for six weeks but do I get to stay after that?"

My heart sunk and I felt guilt. "Uh, well, we'd have to-"

"Yes, you'a get to live with us," Ant said, cutting me off. I glanced over at him. i shook my head and turned back towards Nae. "What he means sweetie is that we are going to do everything we can to get you here with us. Okay?"

She nodded as if she understood and ate her breakfast quietly. Ant got up from the table and grabbed my arm, pulling me to the laundry room. He closed the door behind us.

"What the fuck was that?"

"That was be being a mother and not giving her false hope. You can't promise that they'll give her to us."

"WE HA PARENTS LEAH! How can they not?" He yelled, getting in my face.

"BECAUSE I SIGNED OVER MY RIGHTS!" I yelled back, pushing him. My chest heaved in and out as my face got warm. "I signed over my rights so that she could get adopted. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. It's out of my hands."

Ant leaned against the washer, pulling his chin hair. "If you wanted to?" He scoffed, laughing. "You know what, you the most selfish broad I ever met mayne. I thought Crystal and Kiona was bad off but yall equal."

"Well maybe you shouldn't be with me then. I don't wanna remind you of your exes." I brushed past him and back to the kitchen. Kirsten was stuffing her bag with two Gatorades and four bags of chips.

"Hungry ain it?"

She looked up at me like a deer caught in the headlight. She quickly zipped it up and there it across her back. "Uh, yeah, something like that. Love you. Don't forget I have a game at 5:30. Please, somebody be there. Come on Nae!" She ran out the door and Nae was right behind her, slamming it shut. That child was growing up and I was about to lose my damn mind.