19. Out of Control

Anthony

I think my hearing is deceiving me. Mommy? Did she just say mommy? Nah, that couldn't have been what she said. I won't believe. I looked at Leah and she had a blank expression on her face. Kirsten seemed to make herself busy, texting on her phone.

"Mommy?" I asked with a rose brow. "Leah, you got something you need to tell me?"

Kirsten, seeing that this was about to get ugly, called Nae. "Hey Nae, I got an iPad. Wanna watch some movies." She nodded, taking her into the living room. She put a pair of Beat headphones on her, glancing back at us. I looked at Leah, shaking my head.

"Leah, tell me this is a big joke." I looked at her with pleading eyes. She wouldn't even look at me. She just kept shaking her head.

"Mommy? Tuh." I leaned over on the counter. Resting my head in my hands. This shxt here, this hit a nigga hard. I saw Leah feet walk past and I turned around and grabbed her.

"Nah, you done running away. You need to start talking. She called you mommy. Why is that Leah?"

"Ant my arm," she whined, trying to pull from my grip. I didn't realize I was holding her that tight. I loosened a little, still keeping a good grip on her. "Why she call you mama Leah?!"

She sighed, looking me in the eye. "Because she's our daughter Anthony."

"Our?" I let her go and stepped back. i shook my head. "Nah, mayne. You mean to tell me I-I gotta daughta? Y-you kept..." I was at a lost for words. "I can't even look at you right now."

I went upstairs to our bedroom and paced the floor. I was beyond heated. She kept something this big from me. I had a daughta. I can't believe this shxt. I sat at the foot of the bed and tried to calm myself down.

"Ant...."

"Leah, ion got too much of nothing to say to you."

"Baby, jus," she started, grabbing my hand. I snatched back. "Don't touch me bruh."

"Just listen to what I have to say. Please?" She pleaded, trying not to break down. She reached for me again and I pushed her into the wall. "Listen to you. For what? You kept something this big from me."

I let my angry take over as I threw a punch. She flinched, covering her face as my fist punched a hole in the wall.

"You got me raising a child that ain't even mine while you gave my seed up. You're a liar, and you disgust me."

I knew what I had said cut deep because she didn't bother to hold back her tears. I regretted it the moment I said it but the way I was hurting, I couldn't pull myself to apologize.

"Well, I'm sorry I ruined your life." She shook her head and turned to walk out, running into Kirsten. "Ma, where are you going?" Leah ignored her, going downstairs. I heard the front door slam.

"Dad, go stop her!"

I couldn't move. I was stuck. My heart was hurting. "Kirsten, you too young to understand."

"No I'm not a child. I saw wh-"

"KIRSTEN! Just stop. Okay?"

She shook her head, leaning against the wall. "You have every right to be mad but don't say things you'll regret later. She was just looking out for you, she always has."

I turned my nose up, looking at ha sideways. "Keeping a child from me is looking out for me? Tuh. Okay."

"Dad she tried okay! We came back to tell you but," she paused, getting her thoughts together. "But she saw you happy with someone else and she knew she couldn't take that away from you. After that, nothing was the same. I had to grow up. I-I-I." She got choked up a bit and it broke my heart. She wasn't much of a cryer do I knew this was hard on her.