15. Shxt Happens

Kirsten

I hopped up from the couch in panic to only realize I was dreaming. Lowkey I'd been dreaming about him saying he loves me for a few days but I haven't said anything. I don't really know what they mean. Does he love me?

"What you thinking about?" Momma came in holding Brae, causing me to do a double take. It shocked me. "Nothing. Where you going?"

"Minding Leah's business," she clapped back.

"Well excuse me rudeness." She put Brae in the playpen and smooth her dress out. "Dress short ain it?"

"Hush," she laughed, fixing her hair. "Be good. Sara is in the den and.." She trailed off opening the door. "Oh Junior."

"Hello Mrs. Staten."

"You two be good. I'll be back in like two hours. Love you."

"Love you too momma." I heard the door closed and Ishmael came and sat down beside me. "You mad at me or something?"

I shook my head. "No, why you ask me that?"

He shrugged. "Iono, you just seem distant."

I sighed. "Well you texted me 'we need to talk'. I've been distant because I'm scared you're gonna say something I don't wanna hear."

He looked at me with his nose turned up. "It's nothing bad. I was just gon ask you to be my girl."

My eyes widened and face reddened. "You serious?"

"Yea, I even asked ya pops. He surprisingly agreed, after threatening to cut my nuts off if I hurt you."

"Oh my gawd, he didn't. I'm sorry. He's just-"

"Protective. It's cool. I like you so I would never try to hurt you or disrespect you. You the only one that I trust."

I leaned in pecking his lips quickly and pulled away. "I trust you too and yes I'll be your girl."

Anthony

"I swear you stay in more shxt than a little bit. You better fix that befo yo wide team up with the mob and put a hit out on the girl," Steph grilled me as soon as I have him the wrap up on my possibly baby mama drama. I shook my head and laughed. He was joking but he really don't know Leah ass. She crazy as hell.

"'Man, my wife lowkey scares me. I try not to piss her off often." I upped my speed on the treadmill from a walk to a light jog. I was stressed the fuxk out.

"Happy wife. Happy life. What you gon do tho?"

I shrugged. Hell I really didn't know. "I go to Houston in a few weeks for this kids camp then so I guess I'll do it then."

He nodded, stopping completely and wiping sweat. He got off the treadmill, taking a sip a water. "Good workout bro but I gotta go. Date night."

"What's the occasion?"

He shook his head. "Nothing. We go ona date every two weeks."

"Yall still do that?"

"Uh, yea. Didn't I just say happy life happy wife? You should try it." He threw a towel at me and laughed, leaving out. "Date night," I mumbled to myself.

-

I wrapped a towel around my waist and heading to the practice locker room to get changed. I had worked out for about two hours and was the only one left in the building.

I dropped my towel and put on some sweats. I heard the door close and the clicking of heels causing me to turn around. My eyes widened as Leah around the corner in a white lab coat and a matching black laced bra and panty set underneath. She had some of her hair pinned up and curls falling.

A stethoscope was around her neck and she had on a pair of reading glasses. My baby looked sexy as fuxk. She stopped on the other side of the room, leaning against the wall.

"What are you doing woman?" I asked, licking my lips.

"I'm doctor Leah... I'm here to check your vitals." She slowly dropped the coat and walked seductively toward me. She had a nigga hard and she ain even touching me yet. I don't know what's gotten into my wife but I'm loving it.

Let's role play.....

-

Randy

I rang the hell out of the doorbell until it finally swung open. "What in the hel- Randy what are you doing here?"

"I came to get my woman and my little girl." I brushed past her inside the house. It's been awhile since I been in here but it still looks the same.

"I told you I needed space."

"Space my ass Maddison! You running again and this time I'm not giving you space. I love you woman and I've been in love with you since college. At first I was afraid to love a woman after my mother walked out on me and my dad but I found you and you made me change."

"You are the mother of my child and the only woman I wanna be with. So tell me, aare we in this together or not?"

I stared at her waiting for an answer but she just looked at my with sympathy. I couldn't believe this. "Randy. I'm sor-"

I held my hand up. "Save it." I ran up the stairs to her old bedroom, her right on my heels. "What are you doing?"

I ignored her, packing up Raegan's bag and tossing it across my shoulder. I lightly tapped Raegan, waking her up. When her eyes met mine, her face lit up.

"Dada!!! Rae miss dada!" She wrapped her arms tightly around my neck, squeezing me.

"Dada miss Rae too. Come on. We're going on a plane ride."

"Yayyy!" I picked her up and headed back downstairs.

"Randy where are you going with my daughter?"

"Your daughter?! She just as much as mine as she's yourn! I can take her where I please. You don't have to love me but you won't keep me from my daughter."

She broke down, following me out the door. I strapped Rae in the carseat and closed the door. Maddie was right there tryna open it. "Move!" I forcefully pushed her back.

"Just give her to me. What am I suppose to do?"

"You said you need space. I'm a give you all the space you need. Me and Rae will be fine and in Arizona when you ready."

With that I got in the car and drove off. I could see her standing in the middle of the street crying. I felt bad for talking to her the way I did but I just don't see how you can be with someone, have a baby by them and not say I love you, not once. She was really messed up in the head.

I could only do so much I could do before enough became enough. I guess some things never change.

-

Ishmael

Coming into the house, I heard crying coming from the den. It was my momma on the phone. I could hear her pleading.

"Please. I just need a little more time.......no he can't get lost in the system......I can't get a thousand dollars in three days Mr. Powers...."

I shook my head, not wanting to hear more. Mr Powers was the landlord so that only meant she was behind on rent again. I never understood working two jobs and still not having enough to pay for necessities.

I grabbed my phone and made a call.

"Wassup little bro? I'm kinda in the middle of something. Can I hit you back?"

"I want in..."

He paused. "You sho?"

"Yeah... Just enough to get mama caught up with rent."

"I got you. Gimme about an hour then come thru."

"Bet" I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket. I grabbed my keys and headed back out.

Sorry Izzy.....I gotta do this...