Chapter Forty One

"Nobody can see you, ok? This is completely forbidden and I should NOT be teaching you it!" Harry had said this like 50 times already. Tom nodded and nodded again; he understood, he didn't need it drilled into his head any more times.

"So why are you teaching it to me?"

"Are you complaining?" Tom shook his head.

"No.
"Good. Now remember-"
Tom cut Harry off, "-No one can see me. Don't worry."

Tom recalled this conversation as he journeyed deeper and deeper down into the Forbidden Forest. Of course, the technique that they had been talking about was Apparition. In the past few weeks Harry had been specially teaching Tom a whole variety of different things one of which was the ability to not only apparate but to apparate within Hogwarts grounds. He was surprised at the speed Tom picked it up but he was still only a beginner and needed a lot of help with the basics. So, to allow Tom to make use of the time he would usually spend skipping classes, Harry gave Tom permission to practice by himself but only in somewhere where he knew he wouldn't get caught.

Tom, in response to this, set up a sort-of home base in the depths of the Forbidden Forest out of sight from the school where he trained and honed the skills that the Headmaster had taught him. He had a few wooden targets that he used to practice dueling. He had specific rings which he used to apparate in and out of and an assortment of supplies which he could use for Potions making.

Already he was getting the hang of all three of these things. It was shocking to him especially considering how hard it had been for him at the start of his Hogwarts journey to do magic, how easy this was all coming to him. He was successfully producing potions, making progress with his apparating and his skills with spells had improved tenfold. Tom wondered if it was anything to do with his wand. He looked down at it, it's intricate design and then felt the power that surged through him as he held it in his hand. He did find it strange that he would find such an object so suited to him purely by chance at the bottom of the lake. He wondered what other secrets lay around the castle, in each desolate corner of the school. Then he raised his wand and pointed it at the target. Wordlessly he shot out a spell that spun and bounced off the wood. He breathed out in satisfaction. It did feel good to be good at magic finally.

Hours passed Tom by as he worked away practicing in the Forbidden Forest. Eventually Tom realised that his time might be up; he looked to his wrist and to the watch that the Headmaster had gifted him for Christmas.

He looked and saw it read 23 minutes to 8. He groaned slightly as he realised he was slightly late to his session in the Headmaster's office. Quickly he turned back to his assortment of supplies and equipment and raised his wand, casting a spell that the Headmaster had taught him to hide all of his stuff. Once he had done so, he braced himself and focused as best he could. He was going to try and apparate to the Headmaster's office. It was the first time he'd try to go so far but he thought he could do it... maybe.

He breathed in and out and prepared. He shut his eyes tight and then... apparated.

He opened his eyes and found himself having been transported to directly slap bang in the middle of the Headmaster's office. He spun around, looking to see if he had been successful. He couldn't see Harry Potter but he was most certainly in the right place; maybe he just wasn't in his office right n-

Tom's thoughts were cut off as his shoulders suddenly tensed, sensing and alerting him of somebody behind him. He spun around just in time as a streak of light shot at him. Instinctively and in one motion he pulled out his wand, blocking the spell. Cautiously, Tom slowly lowered his arm and looked to who had sent the spell at him. Harry Potter stood with an impressed expression. He started clapping admirably.