☆Chapter ThirtyOne☆

Chapter ThirtyOne
I Love You

Thursday, May 4th, 2028
Narrators POV

Seeing Finn was like a nightmare. Noah could barely pull Stella out of the hospital and away from Finn. Finn looked terrible. He had been unconscious since the accident had happened. Sometimes he would make a sudden movement giving his friends and family a little hope, but nothing more would happen.

Kayla stayed at the hospital with Finn. As a matter of fact, today was Kayla's birthday. This definitely wasn't how she planned on spending it. She just wanted everything to go how she had planned and not the way it was going. Spending your birthday in a hospital with your half dead husband definitely was not something anyone wanted to do.

"Stella?" Kayla asked, walking back into the hospital room. Stella had come to visit with Noah considering they were only allowing family at the moment.

"Hmm?" Stella hummed, looking up from Finn. Stella looked exhausted. Not just physically, but mentally. So did Noah. They were both up all night worried over Finn. Noah got around an hour of sleep before they had to go to the hospital, but Stella could barely close her eyes without thinking about Finn. She was miserable.

"C-can I talk to you? It'll be quick." Kayla asked nervously. Stella nodded, walking into the hallway with Kayla. "I have no idea how to say this because I've been freaking out for two days now and-"

"Kayla just say it." Stella smiled, although you could see it was fake she at least tried.

"Ok, well, I'm pregnant and I was gonna tell Finn last night, but he hasn't been conscious so I-"

"You're what??" Stella said with her mouth hanging wide open. "Kayla that's crazy!"

"I don't know what to do. We were trying to and now it's actually happening, but what if Finn doesn't make it? He's wanted this for so long now." Kayla said, tearing up at the thought of not being able to raise a child with the love of her life.

"No matter what happens we'll work it out. I'm sure everything will work out anyways. After all the doctor did say there was some improvement since last night." Stella said, trying to think on the positive side of things.

"I'm just... nervous." Kayla shrugged and wiped away the tears that had fell from her eyes before Stella pulled her into a hug.

"It's going to be ok." Stella smiled into the hug knowing she had the comfort from someone who knows Finn like she does.

"Stella. Kayla." Noah said with excitement in his voice. The two girls turned their heads to Noah before he added to his statement. "He's awake." Noah smiled. Stella and Kayla rushed into the room so see Finn with his eyes open and asking for Kayla.

"Finn, babe, it's ok. I'm right here." Kayla smiled as she grabbed his hand.

"Kay. Happy birthday." Finn smiled, rubbing circles with his thumb on Kayla's hand. "Am I ok?"

"I don't know. You tell me." Kayla said, kneeling down to where he didn't have to look up.

"I think I am. I don't know yet." Finn said.

"Finn?" Stella said, wanting to talk to her brother.

"Stell?" Finn responded trying to look for Stella. Kayla backed away from her husband so Stella had a chance to talk to her older brother. "Hey sissy."

"Hey bubby." Stella said as a tear trickled down her cheek.

"Don't cry. I'm going to be ok." Finn smiled, wiping the tear from her cheek. "Don't focus on me. Focus on important things, like your wedding. I'll be ok."

"You know I can't do that." Stella laughed softly. She knew that he knew her better than that. She couldn't focus on anything, but Finn if something like this was happening.

"Excuse me? We're closing visitation hours for Mr. Wolfhard early to run a few tests." A nurse said from the door of the room.

"Finn, I've gotta go, but I'll be back tomorrow ok? Stay strong for me. I love you." Stella smiled down at her brother hoping she'd get to see him again tomorrow.

"I love you too, sissy. Don't worry. I'll be here." Finn smiled back weakly.

"Bye Finn." Noah smiled, walking closer to Finn.

"Bye Noah. I love you." Finn smiled at Noah this time. Finn never said he loved anyone besides Kayla and his parents. Saying 'I love you' to Noah and Stella was huge.

"I love you too, Finn."

a/n: filler chapter-