Chapter#9

My eyes fluttered open. Everything around me was blurry. My ears were ringing. From what I could see, I was in a forest. I heard a raging river nearby. I decided to army crawl toward the river. I soon scooped water and washed my face. Finally, I lifted my head and saw a deer.
It was soon spooked by someone screaming in the distance. They got closer and closer. That was when The yelling was audible.
"REBECCA!" A familiar voice rang out.
"Jack?" I screamed.
My voice was weak. I heard the sound of leaves crushing under someone's feet. The footsteps got close to me, and I turned around to see Travis. There was blood coming from his ears.
"Hi," I said.
"Holy shit." He screamed.
He sat down next to me and then tackled me with a hug. This caused tears to come from my eyes. I put my head on his shoulder. I took a deep breath.
"Where are we?" I asked.
"I'm not sure, but Wren and Emilee are making camp down the road."
"Wait, What?"
"You managed to get everyone out of that house."
"Wow."
"Babe, you need to tell Wren."
"I-I know; how much does she know?"
"She is perplexed."
"Well, I don't blame her."
I took a deep breath. He kissed my forehead and grabbed my hand.
"We will figure this out." He consoled me.
I placed my head on his shoulder once again. There were a couple of moments of silence. Then I remembered something.
"Hey, babe?" I questioned.
"Yes." He answered.
"How am I going to get around?"
He began to chuckle.
"I don't know."
"Piggyback ride?"
He sighed.
"Fine."
I grabbed onto his back, and he grabbed into a nearby tree to get up. He began to walk toward a dirt road. I relaxed my head on his back.
"You found her," I heard Wren whisper.
"Yep," Travis responded.
My eyes flutter open, and I attempt to get down. I kissed his neck.
"Thanks, babe," I said.
I pulled my leg off of his back. I placed them on the ground. I was like a child taking their first step. Then I was able to walk to a nearby blog that was next to a fire. I turned around to see the shocked faces of Emilee, Travis, and  Wren.
"What?" I questioned.
"How? You're not supposed to be able to walk for another year."
Wren began to freak out. Then she stopped and then turned to look at me.
"We need to talk." We said it to each other.