21. love- a form of sustenance..

💙 08th June 2021  💙

Hira clutched Imani's  hands tighter with every step forward..

Standing at the threshold, Imani rang the bell and stood back, while Hira scooted closer to her.

"Why are we here?" Hira asked in a timid voice.

"We are here to meet my friends, Hira.."

"Friendsh?"

"Yessh friendsh..  we might be able to find you friends too" Imani winked..

The door was opened by a beaming Ahaana, making Hira cower behind Imani's duppatta..

"Assalamu alaikum Imani.. come on in.." she looked at Hira quzzically, before it was replaced by a look of recognition.. She smiled at Imani  and took Hira by her hand, nodding Imani in..

"Assalamu alaikum little one.."

"Walaikumshalaaam" Hira whispered , clearly terrified..

Ahaana burst into a fit of laughter, carrying Hira in her hands..

Imani always marvelled at how very few things made Ahaana content.. it didnt take much to make her laugh.. Her laughter was contagious.. and that made anyone in her vicinity burst into laughter..

Hira looked confused while a small smile tugged at Imani's lips.. Hira was too cute for words some times..

"Azzu.. Imani is here.." she called out.. while seating Hira in the sofa and kneeling beside her..

"Hey  Hira.." Ahana said pinching Hira's cheeks,
Hira giggled shyly..

"She is soo sweet Imani.."

"Nooo you are shweeter.. auntie.." Hira gave an impish smile.. lowering her eyes shyly..
Imani was surprised at her courage but burst laughing nevertheless..

"What did I just hear.. what did I just hear.. did the shweetesht little princeshhh call me shweet.. did she did she?" She mimicked Hira tickling her tummy and earning an erupt of melodious laughter.

"Imani go upstairs Azzu's lazing in her room, ill join with snacks.."

Ahana walked up the stairs to Azzu's room Hira trailing behind her..

"Oh she is here.." Azzu said absentmindedly. Imani nodded seating herself on the bed with Hira scooting closer in her lap.
Azzu sat across her on a bean bag chair taken aback

With a knock on the door Ahaana bustled in carrying a plate of cooking and 3 steaming cups of tea and a cuppa of milkshake.

"Cookies for Hira " she announced stooping down to her level and handing her a cookie.

Hira accepted the cookie shyly and started breaking the cookie into piece while the three of them watched in bewilderment.

With eyes casted down, she moved forward and laid a piece of cookie into everyone's hand and started nibbling on hers.

"What is this sweetheart?" Ahaana questioned looking at the quarter of the cookie in her hand.

"There isn't enough food for all in here. Eat what you get and when you get and don't you dare speak a word shush.. " hira recited.. "-but ummi says world becomes beautiful when you share and allah gives you more. So hira shares " she declared shyly and went on chewing her piece of the cookie smiling in contentment .

The three elders were staring at her open mouthed through her little speech, Ahaana was the first to recover.
"She is wise." She decided. "Learn something from her Azzu."