7. Deepened Cross roads..

Driving along the roads of Colombo aimlessly in the balmy evening, Muradh found himself drowning in perpetual remorse and grief.. even after days of the unforeseen rift which caused turmoil in both his life and heart, he found it particularly difficult to return back to days of normalcy familiar to him since forever..

since his marriage 3 months ago, his life has detracted on to a different path which he himself has come to love, and which he himself has toyed with too..

with a heavy heart weighing him down,he absent mindedly drove through the streets, ashamed of himself for bringing them both down to the ambience they were in.. heck he knew there was nothing wrong with Imani's behavior at a normal glance, even without her making sure that the guy was merely a friend, except for the fact that it pained him to see someone else moving closer to her and making her smile.. that someone else being another man, sure did fuel the frustrations germinating within him.. and it was indeed his rotten luck which made Imani believe that he was accusing her, he didn't even wanted to confront her, let alone accuse her by any means yet his anger won the best of him and thus this happened..

Despite knowing how fragile she is, with her walls high up and grief pooling in her eyes incessantly, he has treaded on her shells recklessly and deepened the cracks in his attempt thus deepening the crossroads leading his path to hers..

With the maghrib azan echoing all around him, lulling the city into a sense of blissful security, he drove down the roads to the only significant place known to bring him peace...

Parking his car down in the basement.. Muradh walked up to one of the biggest Jummah Masjid in whole of Colombo to offer his Maghrib prayers.. with a slightly burden lessened heart and sparks of re kindled hope.. he walked through the gates and down the roads till his feet halted in front of a mud lane, a heavy contrast to the hustle bustle roads.. trudging down the lane he walked till his eyes landed on a tumbled down gate bordering a two roomed cottage..

He leaned on the gates watching the two little figures resting on the veranda with books clutched in their hands.. he waited patiently and grinned in amusement on seeing the amount of noise the little girls always managed to make by themselves..

" Aachi.. aachi.. see who is here.. see who is here.." they chanted in unison.. jumping up and down in excitement..

Muradh's grin widened.. walking inside he hugged the little girls tightly..

"Rafiya.. Raihana.. who is it?" a tender voice called from inside..

"Muradh beckoned the girls to keep quite.. and walked inside, both the girls at his heels..

" its Muradh aiya Muradh aiya" they screamed..

Standing at the threshold gazing at the woman sitting in the bed , her eyes raking across the holy quran..

" Assalamu alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakathuhu shadiya ma(grandma).. " he greeted enthusiastically hugging the elderly woman whose demeanour always screamed warmth and love..

"putha..(son) took you long enough to visit us.." she pouted hiding an impish smile tugging at her lips..

"hardly fair ma... you could come visit me too.. but you didn't.." Muradh countered back..

" noo putha.. unfortunately I don't find myself growing younger with passing days.. with pains here and there, Alhamdulillah.. still Im able to do all my tasks by myself and im happy for that.. I dont wanna risk myself of voyages" she chuckled.." meanwhile I was waiting for you and Imani to come see this old lady.. You disappointed me Muradh.." she feigned disappointment, while a dark shadow flitted across his face on mention of her name, he was quick enough to mask it with a smile but not before it was noticed by her..