3. Fobble scoops?

The setting sun stretching along the horizon with its rays reflecting on everything within its reach.. The orange and red hues engulfing the dull gray clouds into a velvety darkness while the waves lapped against the vast sky,kissing them farewell..

seated on the shores of the beach.. as the waves lapped against her toes.. the balmy evening breeze toying with her hair.. creating a transparent veil through which her eyes twinkled in awe, Imani stared open mouthed at the mind blowing scene, though not as the ever serene Kandy with its unending range of mountains, lush greenery and the customized chill in the air, colombo has its own kind beauty indeed.. a kind of beauty that she vaguely remebered..

The shores of the very beach which drove her into minutes of wonder-struck, slowly started dredging up memories buried deep within.. the mere shores which felt foreign to her now were once etched with the footsteps of a life she once lived.. the breeze which slapped wildly against her face carried melodies of laughter once owned..

"maani ma careful, you are gonna fall.."

come on champ.. you can do it.. come on come to daddy..

mumma cant catch me.. mumma cant catch me.. mumma cant catch me..

Imani slow down.. not near the waters... Ilham grab her..

nope.. she is a big gurl, she can make it..

Mumma you cant catch me.."

Some memories and some bondings are such that they are irreplacable and inevitable.. A bitter sweet ride flowing you through whirlwinds of bliss this minute and ending up in spasms of grief the very next..

just because you knew they happened..

Just because you know that they will never again..

"mummaaa.." she cried softly hoping with all her might that her mom would appear out of thin air and hug her tight.. just like she did when she fell on her face, racing too fast.. she wished her dad would hifi her and do their weird dance just like he did when she successfully came running after raiding the cookie jar..

but in the recess of her mind, she knew that they will never again.. she has come a long way from the pampered princess who was adored by all to the gurl she is now.. so has her mum and dad.. gone on a faraway journey never to return..

nevertheless with tears cascading down her cheeks, she couldnt help but silently wish, she had someone by her side, someone to hug her tight.. a shoulder to cry on.. a familiar smell to be lost on..
she yearned so badly for a physical hug, a sense of belonging.. some assurance that she isn't alone in the cold world.. that the pain building up in the bottom of her heart seemed to rise higher and higher, threatening to suffocate her..

she was so lost in thoughts gripping a handful of sand.. when an eerie voice whispered in her ears

"mind if I join in ma'am?"

startled, she stood up abruptly, her head coming in contact with something..as if on reflex she flung her elbows behind, trying to attack whoever was intruding on her privacy , while a cry of surprise accompanied by a crunch echoed from behind..

"ouch.. my nose"

"Muradh?" Imani shot back, astonished..

"yeah Its me alright.." he muttered, plopping himself on the sand, while Imani took her place..

"you scared me.." she mumbled inaudibly..

"woman you nearly killed me" he exclaimed, rubbing his nose, which has gone pink..