5. Life and its surprises..

Muradh walked down the stairs toweling his head dry, with a terrible headache seeping through his head...all the while sneezing badly so that his nose resembled a big rose apple..

Sniffing his nose like a trumpet.. he plopped onto the sofa streatching his weary arms.. his head hurt so badly that he could feel it throbbing on par with his heart beat.. he closed his eyes and laid back resting his head against the headrest..

"Muradh.. here.." a soft voice woke him up, not opening his eyes fully he slowly peeked through his almost closed eyelids.. and saw Imani looking at him..

"Muradh wake up and have this.." she shook his arm and walked back to the kitchen..

opening his eyes with difficulty he looked at the glass filled with a steaming goldish green liquid..

"what for Imani .. what exactly is this.." he screamed...

"Magic.." she screamed back..

"you didn't attend Hogwarts by any chance did you or is it beauxbatons?" he asked beaming..

"nope.. I didn't but this is my granny's magic.." she shrugged coming back and sitting in the handrest of the sofa across him clad in an oversized tee and pyjamas and sipping something in a giant mug..

"Its ginger, lemon and honey.. As a kid I always wanted to play in the rain.. my mother never allows me to.. after.. after I moved in with my grand ma, she wasn't able to resist me, everytime I come home drenched she makes me this.. and indeed its magic.. it has the power to make cold and headaches flee in minutes.." she explained

"really?" he asked confounded.. for which she nodded.

he brought the glass to his lips.. sniffing in the smell.. the aroma filling in his nostrils and gulped it in one go.. the ginger juice clearing his aching chest and head..

"that really feels good.. he declared.. I never had them before.. he confessed for which she nodded looking at him skeptically

Man doesn't this girl know something called a smile.. she is either glaring or having skeptic looks.. he wondered..

" Imani ill go sleep now.. my headache is making me go gaga.. if you don't mind can I have a cup of tea please so that I can have 2 paracetamols..

"but you didn't have dinner ne? she interjected.. you cant have pain killers without eating..

"its ok I don't feel hungry.. besides Im too tired to go and get something.. if you are hungry.. you can order something" he said stretching his phone and started for the stairs when he felt a tug at his arms..

"stop.. medicines without food will not do any good" she said sternly..

"if you don't mind can I cook? you brought some groceries didn't you?" she asked softly..

"you can cook?" he shot at once in a bewildered tone.. receiving a death glare from her.. as per the saying if only looks could kill he would be buried miles below..

"ummm.. I mean yeah.. you can cook yeah ofc why wouldn't you ne.." he tried covering up his hint of surprise and failing miserably at that..

" and yeah I brough some groceries.. though not much.." he replied looking at her while she was staring at him without breaking contact.. surely exclaiming at her ability to cook wasn't a smart move..

she went back to the kitchen and rummaged through the cupboards and came back with a steaming mug and set it down the coffee table..

" are those enough? Muradh asked pointing at the kitchen..

"I'll manage" she snapped back..

"feisty much are we.." muraadh murmured hardly audible..

"what?'

"umm nothing.." he smiled goofily.. for which she nodded " don't sleep just give me 20 minutes dinner will be ready by then.." she ordered and walked back..

"who does she think she is.. ordering me around like that? he mumbled to himself partly infuriated and partly loving the treatment he is receiving..

"your wife Muradh" his conscience shot back

"yeah that too ne.." he smiled and switched on the tv..

after good ten minutes of flickering aimlessly from channel to channel, "muradh where is the cutting board.." Imani screamed from the kitchen..

there is a new one in the upper cupboard.. the one straight above the sink.. along with some other stuffs I bought new.. he replied..

and diverted his attention to the tv when a loud crash and banging of pots and stuffs came out from the kitchen.. he ran back scared.. only to see Imani trying to reach the cutting board high up above her reach has dropped all the other stuffs down the floor and was frowning at the board as if that would make it come flying down..

when he peeked into the kitchen, she turned red in embarrassment.. " can you get it for me.. its too high" she requested.. trying hard to stifle his laughter he reached for the cutting board and pulled it down in a swift motion and handed it to her, who was standing beside him, her full height barely reaching his shoulders..

he ran back to the hall and howled in silent laughter.. her angry bird look and frowning at the cutting board was so hilarious and so cute.. he coughed slightly covering his laughter or else he would be dead meat in his wife s hands..

After a good fifteen minutes, "dinner is ready.." she announced from the dining room..

feeling slightly hungry and hell curious he stumbled on to the dining room to be hit by a heavenly smell wafting through the platters..

"whoa.. what do we have here.." he asked excitedly eyes darting everywhere.. he sat down licking his lips and pulled a plate towards him..

"chicken and veggie wraps with green chillie dip.. I just thought something light would be ok.." she explained..

"that's cool.. he replied and grabbed one when she offered him the plate..

"whoaaa...he moaned biting into it.. the chicken, onion and the lettuce along with the spices bursting inside giving out a delicious taste..

"biz iz da besss" he mumbled through mouthful..

"you like it?" she implored playing nervously with the salt shaker in her hand..

"like it? this is love.. he exclaimed.. if I get treats like this I am ready to get drenched in rain every single day.. he replied like an idiot biting into a second wrap..

For which she smile.. not her smirk nor the have-to-do smile.. but a real full fledged one making his insides burst with something un-known..

Thus one again life did surprise Muradh Ibrahim on its plan..

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤