14. The ray of light in my monotony..

💙 26th of June 2020 💙

Muradh glanced at the wall clock hung above the huge dresser in their room for the millionth time in the past few hours..

Imani was missing since they had lunch and now it's almost 4 in the evening..

He was about to go and ask her aunties,her whereabouts, when he overheard them gossiping about her visiting her ex -boy friend thariq.

Muradh couldn't believe his own ears,  it was absurd, he knew his bubbles. She wouldnt do that..

Nevertheless silent rage smouldered through his veins, he begrudgingly tried to come in terms  with Imani having a boy friend in the past but to know that she still wanted to visit him shook Muradh all over to the point where calming him seemed an impossible task..

regaining control he sighed, he was being paranoid.. but the heaviness already settled in his veins defiantly disagreed to leave..

a sharp knock echoing through the eerie silence brought him out of his reverie.. lifting his head up he saw Asjadh, Imani's cousin standing at the threshold looking at him inquiringly..

"yes Asjadh?" Muradh called out to him..

"Aiya, I am going out for a cricket match with my friends, I was wondering if you are bored maybe you could join us.." he requested nervously fiddling with a green tennis ball in his hand.

Muradh smiled.. he loved praying cricket since his childhood..

"Yup buddy I am on it.. give me 5 secs to change into something cricket-ish yeah?" he winked for which the boy nodded enthusiastically..

"by the way Asjadh, do you happen to know where Imani is now? I am unable to find her anywhere.." he inquired generally..

A puzzled look flitted across his face while he frowned in concentration..

Glancing at the wall clock, he smiled as if he realized something..

"Aiya.. if you are lucky we are going to the same place where Imani is, if my   assumptions are true..lets go and find out.."

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Standing at the entrance of the kids arena of the park, Asjadh did a scan around before exclaiming in satisfaction..

"I wasn't wrong was I ? he smirked pointing at the pair of swings at the farthest right corner of the park where one of them was occupied..

walking to them Asjadh smirked at Imani who was slumped on one of the swings, her hands gripping the chains..

" guessed you must be here.. you and your spots.. you better find a spell or cloak to get invisible than scaring us like this.." he rolled his eyes..

"go away  ajju please.." Imani mumbled, her voice hoarse.. Asjadh shot a look at the other empty swing before he sighed shaking his head..

"Aiya.. The boys must have started batting.. ill call you when its your turn okay?" he said for which Muradh nodded.. ruffling Imani's hair he walked away..

" Asjadh is such a nice guy isn't he? he is younger than you right?" he asked seating himself on the remaining swing..

"hmm yeah.. a year younger than me.." she replied..

Muradh wanted to be mad at her.. but looking at her being so dejected and forlorn, melted him.. within seconds the urge to find out whatever was wrong and to fix it was so strong that it almost overwhelmed him..

"so where did you disappear without informing me? he asked..

" I was visiting somone.." she replied not taking her eyes away from the ground where they seemed to be glued..

"visiting Thariq? your boy friend?" he asked, the atmosphere turning thick with tension due to the resentment edging his voice..

he hung his head down.
His heart  thudding at an abnormal pace in anticipation accompanied with dread..

out of his peripheral vision he could see Imani looking at him with a baffled expression on her face.. out of the blue she burst into a fit of hysterical laughter..

now it was Muradh's turn to look baffled. he was expecting a loud refutal.. but laughter perplexed him..

"that was a good one Muradh.." Imani wheezed inbetwween laughter..

"huh?"

"Thariq Aiya my boy friend? yeah.. he is the boy friend I haven't seen In the last 6 years, who is married with 3 kids and settled in Dubai.. yup he is my boy friend.." Imani giggled..

"what do you mean?"

"Muradh, Thariq aiya is my best friend's only brother who had a crush on me when I was in 7th.." she explained smiling.. "I haven't seen him for a long time now.. well who told you I was away visiting my boyfriend?" she air quoted the last word pouting..

Muradh managed an embarrassed smile, he was ashamed at himself for behaving so low and was hugely relieved that she was taking it all calmly.. his mind whizzed in high speed looking for an answer , when she cut him short..

"let me guess.. you overheard it from Nazreen aunty or Nuwaisa aunty didn't you.." she exclaimed confidently..

if Muradh was confused before, it was nothing when compared to the present.. he wanted to refuse and say no, but his expression gave him away..

"don't bother Muradh, that's there signature way.. they make people overhear things that might destroy their lives.." she spat disgustedly..

Muradh nodded.. realization dawning on him..

Eager to change the topic.. "Bubbles you had a best friend? how come I never knew?"

"yeah.. My haani.. the only ray of light in my monotony since childhood.." Imani replied passionately her eyes glazing over..

"Woah.. really? so met her? happy now? did you come here with her?" he scanned the surrounding..

"that's her swing you are sitting on.. our favourite spot since kids.." she replied in a trance..

"where is she Imani, at least introduce her to me na.."he whined,clearly excited at the prospect there was some human who was dear to his wife..

Imani smiled wryly shaking her head..

"its been 5 and a half years actually since I saw her.. I have no information about her except for her memories and hope that she Is still alive somewhere.." she wiped out the pearly drop now journeying in their own accord across her cheeks..

It was Muradh's turn for another shock.. "where is she bubbles? what happened to her?" he asked in a small voice..

"Aiya..." a scream echoes across the ground.."your turn now.. come quick.."

"Another time Muradh when I have the energy.. go on now.." Imani replied walking away to her bike.. leaving Muradh completely amused at how life turns out to be  unexpected at the smallest intersection possible..

Assalamu Alaikum w.w people..

Loooong loooong loooong time no see..

How are you doing lovelies..

All good?

Soo here is the latest chapter.. and I'm open to ur comment and constructive criticism..

Soo vote comment and make me happy yeah..

Until next time..
Allah Hafiz lovelies..

Love Marwa..