PAIN

TW: MENTION OF DRUGS, MURDER, GUNS

THEA'S POV

THEA'S POV

'FOR GOD'S SAKE LILA, GET THE FUCKING DOOR'

I screamed at my best friend. I am not normally this loud but well Lila brings out the violent side of me. Trust me when I say this, I love Lila a lot. We have been friends since high-school. She was the only one who wanted to talk to me. I mean who wants to be seen with a loner in high school.

I wasn't a nerd back in school but I did not like interacting with a lot of people. Lila saw me sitting in the library during lunch and stole my sandwich.

"I love cheese" was her excuse for stealing it. After talking for a while, she decides she is gonna 'keep' me and well rest is history. I have always been thankful to Lila. If it was not her, I would just always be sitting home and re-watching all the shows till I became all grey and old. It's because of her that I actually have some sort of adventure in my life.

The doorbell continues ringing.

"GOD LILA I AM MAKING US FOOD, COULD YOU PLEASE GET THE DOOR". 

With the continuous sound of the doorbell, I don't think she got the door. I am first gonna kill the person behind the door for being this fucking impatient and then Lila. I walk towards the door and right before I could actually open it, the door flings open and smashes my head.

"OUCH.. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING, BREAKING INTO THE HOUSE LIKE THAT" 

I screamed holding my head which had started to spin from impact. I looked up and saw three huge men with guns. Fear passed through my entire body and before I could move, one of the men grabbed me by my hair. Pain erupted through my body and the dizziness in my head increased.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS LILA WILLIAMS" 

The man who grabbed my hair screamed. Why were they looking for Lila? My god did she send some mob person to jail. Are they here to hurt her? My eyes widened as I saw the other men walk into the house. I had to act fast but with the pain in my head, no thoughts were actually being formed in my head.

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION BITCH" The guy with my hair in his hand screamed. He pushed me to the ground and pointed his gun at me. If I was scared then, I am petrified now.

"She is not here" I whispered, praying that Lila is still in bed sleeping and the men just leave. Hearing what I just said, the other men who were looking around stopped and stared at the man who had grabbed my hair.

"Really сука (bitch). We just heard you scream for her to open the door. You take us for fools шлюха (whore)" the man spoke, kicking me in the stomach. I had never felt so much pain before. Not when I got a blood test and not even when drunk Lila had accidentally pushed me and I hit my head to the side of the bed.

The other men had stepped inside Lila's room and I prayed to god that she had heard all the ruckus and called the police. The man next to me kicked my stomach again

"глупая сука думает, что может солгать мне" (stupid bitch thinks she can lie to me)

The man spoke in a language I did not understand. My eyes were starting to droop and my head felt like it was being hammered. Just as I felt myself slipping into darkness, I heard one of the man say

"Boss she is gone. The bitch jumped from the window"

48 HOURS EARLIER:

LILA'S POV:

"Lila get in here"

I heard from my boss, Christian . Being a detective is an exhausting job. You have to be on your feet all throughout the day and your sleep schedule is fucked up. I just came back from a very long night filled with questioning a very shady neighborhood. Someone reported three missing boys two days earlier and yesterday night the boys were found in the shady area.

Apparently they had sneaked out of their homes late at night to attend a frat party and then injected themselves with some sort of drug. The drug had messed up their mind and last night when they were found, they didn't even know they were missing for two days.

Such drug cases have been increasing in the past two years and I wouldn't be surprised if Christian is calling me for another reported drug case. I sighed and made my way into his office.

"Lila what happened with the missing trio? Another drug case?" He asked. I nodded and explained to him the whole story.

"This is your fourth drug case this week right?" He inquired.

"Yes. I don't remember the last time I slept" I spoke

"Are you complaining about your sleep schedule or the lack of it I suppose, Ms. Williams?" He chuckled. Asshole

"No I am not" I gritted

"Good then. I have another case for you. It's a drug case and.." Even before he could finish I spoke

"Christian I am not taking another drug case. You have six other officers under you. I am sure they will be more interested in solving a drug case instead of finding a missing wallet"

"It's murder. A 16 year old was injected with the drug and his body was found by the dumpster. Someone reported the body last night"

"So how do we know its murder. He could have willingly taken the drug and the fact that he is just sixteen, his body could have had a seizure "

"He was kidnapped three months ago. His father reported the case. There were no leads so the case was shut after two months"

"THERE WERE NO LEADS FOR TWO MONTHS?" I screamed " WHO THE FUCK WAS HANDLING THE CASE?"

"Mr. Denver was and do not throw that attitude at me, Williams. I might be your friend, but here I am still your boss" I took in a deep breathe, trying to calm myself down

"I will take the case"

"Good. What we have till now is that he struggled for a really long time. His wrist and ankles have dark purple marks from ropes and he had been injected with the drug numerous times. We have found someone's skin on his fingertips. The forensics should be getting back with the results soon."

"Noted" As I was about to walk out of the office, he spoke

"Be careful Lila, this doesn't seem like an average case. Do not act impulsive" 

                                    --------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, hope you like the first chapter. If there are any errors please point them out in the comment box. Please note that I do not speak Russian, so any translations written are from Google. 

PS: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE PICTURES IN THE STORY.